Horrors from mythologies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    I need help in unsual Begotten - I prepare NPC from Byzantine Empire that belives it's Horror is reincarnation of Abrahamic Mother Mary. Best would be from Greek or Minor Asia cultures. Anyone have idea on mother mythological that would be appropiate? I'm not sure Echidna is good, as she clearly is pointed as only negative mother in Greek myths.
    If the character believes the Horror is the reincarnation of Mary, have the Horror be a monstrous version of Mary. What's the point in trying to look for other mythological monsters?

Bloodline: The Stygians
    Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
    Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

ajf115 - Good call, I probably will go with Lilith. And I can use her Diablo 4 picture as great Horror image. 😈

Tessie - To not offend Christians. It's much easier to assume 'this Beast thinks Holy Mary is monster' than 'in our game, we have Holy Mary AS monster'.
      Last edited by wyrdhamster; 11-09-2019, 10:22 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
        To not offend Christians. It's much easier to assume 'this Beast thinks Holy Mary is monster' than 'in our game, we have Holy Mary AS monster'.
        Only if your player doesn't know how Beasts work and you don't make it clear that the Horror isn't the actual virgin Mary.

Bloodline: The Stygians
        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

So, let’s look on the Lilith…

Lilith ( Hebrew / Mesopotamian )

Demon called Lilitu is found in various Mesopotamian cultures - Sumer, the Akkadian Empire, Assyria, and Babylonia – where it’s ‘demoness of the night and wind’. In Hebrew tradition, Lilith appears as Adam's first wife, who was created at the same time (Rosh Hashanah) and from the same clay as Adam. (This contrasts with Eve, who was created from one of Adam's ribs.) The legend developed extensively during the Middle Ages. For example, in the 13th-century writings of Isaac ben Jacob ha-Cohen, Lilith left Adam after she refused to become subservient to him and then would not return to the Garden of Eden after she had coupled with the archangel Samael. In some versions of myths she is Mother of Monsters – or, at least, steal newborns.

• Horror: ‘First Women Demon’ – Lilith was first women that did not subjected to Gods plan. She’s changed on her banishment, and become monster that looks almost as human. She now seduces man in sleep or steal newborns.
          • Family: Inguma – As once human, now demon, she still very close to idea of ‘humans’.
          • Hunger: Power/Punishment/Transgression – Luring man for sex or stealing babies can clearly be Hunger for Power. It can also by Punishment. Or Transgression. Choose yourself.
          • Atavisms: Mimir's Wisdom, Enemy Within, Alien Allure, Siren's Treacherous Song, Shadowed Soul, Eye of Heaven, Weakness Exposed
          • Nightmares: Everything You Do Is Worthless, They Don’t Love You, They Don’t Love You, You Can't Wake Up, You Deserve This, You Must Obey, You Are Better Than Them
          • Lair: False Eden – Lilith lives in what looks on first sight as Garden of Eden. It’s only false mirage of original Garden of Eden. Ground is covered in predatory vines and unstable. THINGS live on the corner of your eyes. And there is cave in the centre of it where Lilith sleeps.
          • Traits: Exposed, Jagged, Murmurs, Slick, Undergrowth, Darkness ( in cave ), Maze ( in cave )

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
          LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
          X