Soundtracks of Beasts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundtracks of Beasts

I start a new topic, as I see I need to get some musical themes to run a game I may run in couple of months. And this thread will be different from Songs of Beast as I look for something different than those. Bear with me.

I look for the OST-like music to run with the Beast game sessions. I generally use Official Soundtracks from movie and video games in my chronicles as main music themes as those tunes are much less distracting the players from the game than normal, songs-centric approach. So I ask nicely for your points what can nicely play in the background, not distracting a much of players for Beast? For now, I think about this albums...

1. God of War ( 2018 ) - Norse-centric video game about redemption and slaying gods. If we change gods for monsters - we got a Hero-like view point for the BtP game.

2. Beowulf ( 2007 ) - Anglosaxon legend about Norse prince coming to land to kill a iconic monster.

Maybe something much more modern for the games?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

There is idea that...
    3. Castelvania ( Netflix Anime ) - Could be good theme source for Lairs and it's Beasts...

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I can't link to it now, but the soundtrack for Batman: Mask of the Phantasm is pretty much my musical cue for Beast.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

While not a soumdtrack would I Want It All by queen be good for collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
          While not a soumdtrack would I Want It All by queen be good for collectors
          Queen in general is probably a safe bet. Princes of the Universe would be another good song.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Queen band as great Beast OST on general? I think that I Want To Be Free would be general tunes for just before or after the Devouring. Or for some sex related Inguma.

But beside Queen as inspiration - let's stick to rather nonvocal tunes, as it's more that I look for general OST in my game sessions.
            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 04-30-2018, 02:54 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Non vocal ok. What about the theme of vordt of the boreal valley, from dark souls for Anakin tyrants

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
                Non vocal ok. What about the theme of vordt of the boreal valley, from dark souls for Anakin tyrants
                I try to compose whole albums, as it let me just put things 'in general feel of the game for next 30 too 90 minutes'. Still, you point to the Dark Souls - I did not play that, but from reviews I seen it can have interesting Beast-like vibe. Will check it, and write my opinion here.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Why do you think Dark Souls has a Beast-like vibe?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

The Kraken theme from the second Pirates of the Caribbean is awesome and not as iconic as other tracks from those movies to be distracting. Works well with Beast, give it a shot!
                    Last edited by Cinder; 05-01-2018, 08:13 AM.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                      Why do you think Dark Souls has a Beast-like vibe?
                      From Wikipedia synopsis, Souls are video games about Dark Fantasy world, full of monsters that want to take what precious for humans - and 'give them a lessons', so to speak. It's 'dark myths' where Hero ( player's avatar ) is overwhelmed by forces of Darkness/Monsters.

The games take place within a medieval fantasy setting, where the player fights against knights, dragons, and various monsters. A recurring theme of the games' settings is that of a once powerful and prosperous kingdom, which has fallen into ruins after a series of unfortunate events. Each installment follows a different quest for the player character: in Demon's Souls, to try to halt the spread of a demon-infested fog; in Dark Souls, to prolong an age of prosperity known as The Age of Fire; in Dark Souls II, to find a cure for the ailment known as "hollowing"; and in Dark Souls III to put an end to the undead curse and the repeating cycle of The Age of Fire.
                      As to Souls music - once I listen to it - it's literal Dark Medieval fantasy, with choirs and heavy beats, highlighting grandiose of events. Good 'mythical' feel to it, but also dark tones. Connecting it all into some kind new 'dark mythology' feel of songs. And it's not like famous classical tunes like Ring of Nibelung, as totally new musics. Clearly good choice for Beast stories. Thanks Primordial newcomer!

Examples below:
                      Last edited by wyrdhamster; 05-01-2018, 09:13 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Your welcome bud!

Comment

Working...
                        X