Same Horror, different Families?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same Horror, different Families?

Is it game fact that the same Horror - as mythical being - can be different Families of the Beasts under it, depending on main narrative player wants to emphasize? Like take for example Dybbuk, Jewish folklore ghost possessing human. As ghost-like entity, he naturally fit for the Eshmaki Family. But if you want to highlight it's Jewish heritage - as symbol of Jewish religion infiltrating society - it would be Inguma. Correct?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

I think you could so that. Like have a kraken be anakim, representing that they destroy ships

Comment

Yes, wyrd, but PLEASE ask things like this on the simple questions thread. It's an interesting, salient and relevant question, but not one that deserves a thread unto itself.
      Last edited by ajf115; 05-03-2018, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Will hammer here a Sidebar I want to use in my Conquest of Paradise fan Dark Eras about those reusing of different Families for same Horrors. Will share it here, as it's more common idea that is only to be used in Beast stuff, 15th Iberia is just place where it will be typical occurrence.

LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

As I prepare NPCs for my Edinburgh setting, I have similar problem with concept of Finfolk as Horrors. I may solve this by making two, sibling characters, each with different Family - but from creatures myths, I clearly see Finfolks can be both Makara ( as 'mysterious sea people' ) and Talassii ( as the abduct their victims ).

Finfolk - are sorcerous shapeshifters of the sea, the dark mysterious race from Finfolkaheem who regularly make an amphibious journey from the depths of the Finfolk ocean home to the Orkney Islands. They wade, swim or sometimes row upon the Orkney shores in the spring and summer months, searching for human captives. The Finfolk (both Finman and Finwife) kidnap unsuspecting fishermen, or frolicking youth, near the shore and force them into lifelong servitude as a spouse.Unlike the "Selkie", the Finfolk are neither romantic nor friendly. Instead of courting the prospective spouse, Finfolk simply abduct them. Regarded as territorial and greedy, the Finfolk, in addition to their lust for humans, have a weakness for silver and things made of silver metal, such as coins and jewelry. According to legend a possible way to escape abduction is to exploit this Finfolk weakness by tossing silver coins away from oneself. The motivation for the amphibious abductions are inspired, in part, because marriage to a human is preferred over other Finfolk.
          To capture the unsuspecting human bride or groom, the Orkney Finfolk cunningly disguise themselves and their fins as other sea animals, plants or even as floating clothes. The Finfolk kidnapping attempt begins by approaching the prospective mate cautiously, floating ever closer, until it is possible to leap up and grab the victim. The Finmen often use another tactic, appearing in human form disguised as fishermen in a row boat, or a fishing boat propelled by oars. The Finwife prefers a more natural form, and often appears as a mermaid with long, flowing golden hair, snow white skin, incredible beauty, and, sometimes, a long fish tail. In some stories, she has a beautiful voice like that of the Greek Sirens.

Family: Makara / Talassii?
          Hunger: Power / Secrets?

LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
          X