Sentient horror?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sentient horror?

Is it possible for horrors to have any sentience, or are they just capable of wanting to feed their hunger?

What does "sentience" mean to you? I ask because it's used in a fashion that's frequently at odds with its definitions (generally meaning closer to sapience).

Horrors aren't mindless eating machines, but their actions are dominated by their Hunger with few if any other constraints. So everything they do, they do in the sake of sating their Hunger, but they can be crafty, patient, and thoughtful about going about that. Without any conflicting desires, it's hard to apply what humans used to separate "smart" animals from other living things.

Comment

Like human thought, capable of in depth conversation, not just predatory and instinctual cunning

I hope I'm using the word right, since I think sapience is about feeling emotion

Comment

Yes. It is the most disturbing part of the Legendary Horror merit, but it offically makes them cognizant in the same manner as other Empheral Entities

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

It's a merit huh. So basically the horror has to reach that. Is it in the players guide, I have not got to merits yet

Comment

I play the Horror, when a Beast is not in his or her Lair, as not so much sentient as unknowable. Sentience, to me, is beside the point. A Horror’s purpose is to feed its Hunger so, its as smart as is necessary to carry that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
              It's a merit huh. So basically the horror has to reach that. Is it in the players guide, I have not got to merits yet
              There is a merit. Technically you can now have your Horror speak on it's own. Downside is that it is more independently minded.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
                There is a merit. Technically you can now have your Horror speak on it's own. Downside is that it is more independently minded.
                I may hack it to be general trait for all Horrors then.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
                  Yes. It is the most disturbing part of the Legendary Horror merit, but it offically makes them cognizant in the same manner as other Empheral Entities
                  I don't know that that's how I would characterize "your Horror has powers that you-the-character-it's-attached-to can only use while acting as it, and if it becomes Unfettered it's going to be especially nasty."

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                  I may hack it to be general trait for all Horrors then.
                  It's got a prerequisite of Lair 4 to get the first dot.
                  Last edited by Satchel; 05-08-2018, 09:24 AM.

Resident Lore-Hound
                  Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                    It's got a prerequisite of Lair 4 to get the first dot.
                    And its that part I would hack, just to give it free for PCs - as GENERAL Horrors ability . But I first re-read the Merit in first place.

Edit: Read the Merit - it's only giving Horror Ephemeral Entity-like stats. Still, making Horrors more 'inteligent' is just roleplaying concern, so easy to hack.
                    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 05-08-2018, 09:37 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                    X