No announcement yet.

Talassi beasts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget, that because of their nature, Talassii horrors are often mistaken with other families (and they are OK with it). So that brief "requirement" for a Beast's Horror to look like something is even briefer in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormwood View Post
      anything that 'chains you down' in some shape or form.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormwood View Post
        anything that 'chains you down' in some shape or form.
        This thread might start devolving.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

So basically, humanoid talassi represent jailers, supervisors, or even a monstrous teacher that looks over students in detention, and be symbolic, like the jailer may have chains attached and the teacher may appear right next to you if it seems you even attempt to do something. Meanwhile the inguna are uncanny valley. Odd movements, exaggerated features, maybe even blades coming out of the elbows, but they can even represent a person that comes from nowhere and is instantly popular, yet something seems insidious, like they just know everything and everyone adores them for no clear reason

Wormwood (from the link you put up) don't known how he learnt to do that, but very impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
            Meanwhile the inguna are uncanny valley. Odd movements, exaggerated features, maybe even blades coming out of the elbows, but they can even represent a person that comes from nowhere and is instantly popular, yet something seems insidious, like they just know everything and everyone adores them for no clear reason

Quite the opposite, in fact. As I said earlier, the Inguma represent Xenophobia.

They are not welcome here, they do not blend in with the rest of the group.

They do not conform with our system, they are different from us.

They are a symbol of change, in a society that has long since embraced stagnation.

They are an aberration from the norm, so they must be shunned.

EDIT: And for anybody who thinks that this doesn't fit well as a primordial fear (I've seen at least one person say as much), I strongly disagree.

Humanity has always feared that which it doesn't understand.
            Last edited by Nyrufa; 05-10-2018, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
              If I remember right Talassi can be more then just humanoid, there basically any monster that imprison and confine someone. I think I remember being a princess kidnapping dragon as an option
              So like the fae of old that kidnapped children to be servents

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

Quite the opposite, in fact. As I said earlier, the Inguma represent Xenophobia.

They are a symbol of change, in a society that has long since embraced stagnation.

EDIT: And for anybody who thinks that this doesn't fit well as a primordial fear (I've seen at least one person say as much), I strongly disagree.

The fourth line there, doesn't that fit with what I said about some popular person coming from out of nowhere? It's actually an example in the players guide

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post

The fourth line there, doesn't that fit with what I said about some popular person coming from out of nowhere? It's actually an example in the players guide

It kind of does. But most people have an instinctive fear of sudden changes being forcefully inserted into their lives. As the saying goes, some people have to hit rock bottom before they finally decide to change their ways.

Random mystery person showing up on the scene and acting like they own the place is bound to upset the status quo. Depending on which group they become popular with, somebody at the top or bottom of the chain is going to view them as a threat.
                  Last edited by Nyrufa; 05-10-2018, 09:59 PM.

Comment

I have to disagree to a degree here, they can represent the fear of a group, a literal outsider, but they can also represent the fear of an individual as well. (fear of the other)
                    So there is that person that everyone is OK with, acts nice and all with them, but YOU know he is different.

Edit: Well, disagree may not be the correct word here, I mean you only present one side of the Inguma, I say there is an other one.
                    Last edited by IceBen; 05-11-2018, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IceBen View Post

I have to disagree to a degree here, they can represent the fear of a group, a literal outsider, but they can also represent the fear of an individual as well. (fear of the other)
                      So there is that person that everyone is OK with, acts nice and all with them, but YOU know he is different.

Edit: Well, disagree may not be the correct word here, I mean you only present one side of the Inguma, I say there is an other one.

I understand what you're getting at with Inguma representing a group, in which their victim plays the role of the outsider, which can be equally as frightening.

I'm just having trouble imagining how you'd portray them as a collective without a liberal abundance of Horrorspawn.

Comment

I understand what you're getting at with Inguma representing a group, in which their victim plays the role of the outsider, which can be equally as frightening.

I'm just having trouble imagining how you'd portray them as a collective without a liberal abundance of Horrorspawn.
                        The Minions and Thralls Lair Traits come to mind, as does Mirages.

Comment

Originally posted by ajf115 View Post

The Minions and Thralls Lair Traits come to mind, as does Mirages.

Infestation Atavism?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Hmm... Odd idea.. would a Talassi Tempter who's a Loan Shark work? Just an odd idea i latched onto... They tempt you into taking the Deal.. only to entrap you in Debt....

Light and Dark are two Sides of a Coin... Humanity is What Happens when it Lands on it's Edge.

Comment

Originally posted by RickmanUK View Post
                              Hmm... Odd idea.. would a Talassi Tempter who's a Loan Shark work? Just an odd idea i latched onto... They tempt you into taking the Deal.. only to entrap you in Debt....
                              It works perfectly and I'll challenge to duel anyone who says otherwise.

But there won't be any. Not because of my fencing skills (which amount to zero) but because the idea's a good one

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

Originally posted by RickmanUK View Post
                                Of course it works.

Unless the Horror is a literal shark, in which case we’re likely looking at a Makara who drown people in waves of debt and debt.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Working...
                                X