Talassi beasts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cinder View Post

It works perfectly and I'll challenge to duel anyone who says otherwise.

But there won't be any. Not because of my fencing skills (which amount to zero) but because the idea's a good one
    Fencing? Sir, I demand a duel by pistol.

But no, that's a perfect idea. Bonus points if he looks like Bludgeon.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchonAres View Post

Fencing? Sir, I demand a duel by pistol.

I present your weapons, sirs...

Comment

I choose the banjo.

*five minutes later*

"What? You shot my banjo!"

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
        Out of Nation from 5/22 to 5/29

Comment

So which one is the dominantatrx

Comment

Sorry, but all my duels need to be fought behind a Carmelite convent with at least three musketeers waiting for their turn. Honor won't let me use anything but swords or remarkably heavy edition of Alexandre Dumas' books as weapon.

I swear this is not me trying to back out of it, it's just that I have high standards. Really. Maybe.
            Last edited by Cinder; 05-21-2018, 06:00 PM.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

Sorry, but all my duels need to be fought behind a Carmelite convent with at least three musketeers waiting for their turn. Honor won't let me use anything but swords or remarkably heavy edition of Alexandre Dumas' books as weapon.

I swear this is not me trying to back out of it, it's just that I have high standards. Really. Maybe.

Musketeers traditionally had a pistol or rifle as well as I recall. But more on slightly more topic:

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post

Of course it works.

Unless the Horror is a literal shark, in which case we’re likely looking at a Makara who drown people in waves of debt and debt.

Sharktopus could totally be a talassi, makura, namtaru, or anakim. Entrapping it's foes with tentacles, dragging them into the depths, chasing them down with it's enormous maw. You could also go with the manshark (see Creature anyone?) for an inguma easily enough too. It's humanoid, but only just enough for you to know it's humanoid, but it's otherwise entirely alien. Either could be Eshmaki. The only thing I can't really see without some serious tweaking is Ugallu. And even then you can just ignore the flight aspect of it. In the ocean, a shark is easily the equivalent of a bird on land. You are quite certainly exposed when you're in the open ocean. Although since I'm being utterly ridiculous, we might as well just say that an Ugallu in this variant would just be sharknado and call it good.

Point is, if you let your imagination (or nightmares) soar, you can pretty well make each of the families near anything. It's kind alike the task of having 10 different arcana try to spoil milk. The only one that has to reach (pun) is Space, and even that's theoretically possible. The Beast may have feeding preferences and Lessons, but in the end, The Horror is it's own entity- and beyond 'be hungry' and 'be thematic' it has few requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchonAres View Post

Musketeers traditionally had a pistol or rifle as well as I recall.

That was a reference/joke I guess did not work, not me speaking of historical musketeers. My bad, I'll let it go and retreat before I make it even worse.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

That was a reference/joke I guess did not work, not me speaking of historical musketeers. My bad, I'll let it go and retreat before I make it even worse.
                  I liked your joke.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                  The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                  Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
                  Out of Nation from 5/22 to 5/29

Comment

Working...
                  X