No announcement yet.

Games as inspiration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if this makes much sense, but what about Lara croft as inguma whisperer, representing the foreigner out to uncover your own secrets and culture of your civilization/life

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
      I don't know if this makes much sense, but what about Lara croft as inguma whisperer, representing the foreigner out to uncover your own secrets and culture of your civilization/life
      Hmm... It's possible that the more "Weird" of her adventures are her exploring Mage Mysteries... Locations long Lost. In this case shes an Inguma that feeds on the Secrets that the Mages have forgotten

Light and Dark are two Sides of a Coin... Humanity is What Happens when it Lands on it's Edge.

Comment

Dragon's Dogma (as always) You could even play the water from that game!

Comment

While it's not exact, Dracula from Lords of Shadow 2 is very beast-like. His castle works a lot like a Lair, and you even lure an unkillable boss to it to make them vulnerable later in the game. There's also something like a horror in the form of the personality of the Castle itself.

Comment

Originally posted by sufferian View Post
            While it's not exact, Dracula from Lords of Shadow 2 is very beast-like. His castle works a lot like a Lair, and you even lure an unkillable boss to it to make them vulnerable later in the game. There's also something like a horror in the form of the personality of the Castle itself.
            Oh my god, Castlevania's Dracula in general is such a great concept for a Beast with Kindred (and a thousand other) Ties, I don't see how I could miss this all this time! Thank you !
            If taking lords of Shadow 1 and 2, you could even have the very unusual development of a Hero becoming a Beast (the DLC where Gabriel fought the Demon and stole his power would then amount to his Devouring, turning him into an Anakim - the true Horror not being the Demon, but the boundless Power).

Sorry for the long radio silence, been quite busy.

Anywho, I'd recommend watching the first few minutes of gameplay of Conarium, because I think it captures the surrealism of a Lair quite well (remember, dream logic means your Makara can easily have an underwater Lair without Suffocating, Crushing, Flooded... it is simply breathable water that's thin as air).

Comment

Working...
            X