Games as inspiration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wormwood View Post
    Demacians ae good templates for Heroes - as are their Noxian counterparts.
    Garen and Jarvan 4. definitly could make for great Heroes with their focus on Justice. Chosen Blade is definitly a thing, Real World for J4 (representing his ult trapping you), Garen having the Armor and Strength Gifts. Draven is a relentlesly glory-seeking hero, Darius a "ends justifies the means" one.
    Is there a 'regeneration' Gift to represent Garen's passive?

Quite obvious, which is why I might've missed her before: Shyvanna could make for a curious Dragonbreath and Skin Deep gifted Begotten. Throw in some Looming Presence, and something to resemble the AoE fire damage, and we're all good.
    Could you use Vengeful Earth and just reskin it a bit? Maybe swap out the Earthquake Tilt in the Low Satiety version for something fire-based? I'm not sure what you'd do with the Sat. Expenditure version, though. Maybe some kind of firebending? Or you could just have the AoE be her imposing a fiery Lair Trait.

As for other Beasts, Evelynn is definitely a Beast Rampant with From the Shadows, Limb From Limb and Alien Allure. I could see the new Swain as a Beast too, an Ugallu Tyrant or possibly a Whisper. His 'eldritch blast' thing could be a reskinning of Dragonbreath, but I'm not sure about the rest. Perhaps Needs Must?
    Last edited by ajf115; 07-12-2018, 04:35 AM.

Comment

If you ever feel like playing some unranked games for fun, let me know via PM =D

Currently trying to get into Pyke, since I like his character design so much. I think he could be a good Begotten or Bound template.
      It will probably take a while for me to find the will to get back into it, but I do still love the game and the characters, so I think that will happen in due time. Also, I'm a EUW player too, so that won't be an issue.

Having said that, allow me to congratulate as well for becoming a dad!

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
        Is there a 'regeneration' Gift to represent Garen's passive?

Could you use Vengeful Earth and just reskin it a bit? Maybe swap out the Earthquake Tilt in the Low Satiety version for something fire-based? I'm not sure what you'd do with the Sat. Expenditure version, though. Maybe some kind of firebending? Or you could just have the AoE be her imposing a fiery Lair Trait.

As for other Beasts, Evelynn is definitely a Beast Rampant with From the Shadows, Limb From Limb and Alien Allure. I could see the new Swain as a Beast too, an Ugallu Tyrant or possibly a Whisper. His 'eldritch blast' thing could be a reskinning of Dragonbreath, but I'm not sure about the rest. Perhaps Needs Must?
        All Heroes have Hard to Kill, which is some sort of Regeneration. Cooking up a Gift wouldn't be hard though: make it 1B/T, 1L/Hour, 1Agg/Day. Add some resistance to CC via a Bonus to Stamina rolls, done =)

Swainn as a Beast would have Skin Deep for sure. Monster from the Deep for the CC-Pull thing. His E however would need to be something very different. Reskinned Vengeful Earth comes to mind as one thing I can think of. Some variation of Storm-Lashed might work as well (localised Storm at range rather than centered on the beast), with the normal effect doing the CC-Pull, low Satiety being his Q but changed to deal damage in a cone. alternatively, his R is spending Satiety on Skin Deep and Storm-Lashed, and E is an AoE "lightning bolt". It would keep things mostly nicely in-family, too

We don't have many ranged Atavims, do we?

Comment

Working...
        X