Is this a good idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good idea

I've been thinking. Would a chronicle focusing on the idea of demons (and maybe angels) developing primordial fears such as confinement and hopelessness be a good idea? Sending ripples throughout the primordial dream and the dark mother having a hand in it to further the rivalry between the two opposite forces

It would be an interesting one, with a definite question to try and work out and plenty of conflict to answer out.Has a possibility of varying scales, as well, from local to cosmic.

It's disturbing on two levels-one being that it would seem like the God-machine has truly and properly connected with the Soul of Humanity, which has it's own disturbing consequences, and on the other hand, the God-machine is now infected with the Soul of Humanity oh god.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

When you say conflict to answer, do you mean lore? I would not want to fundamentally change something if there is no good way to explain it.

The idea is of course a class of wills, primordial fear and emotions vs a cold thinking machine based on logic. I am also thinking of it would cause more demons to come out, making the demons, despite finding these fears horrifying, have a fraction of them that is for this happening, while the beasts face virus like infections in their lairs and try largely to fight off the god machine with the dark mother.

Angels that stay angels could possibly team up with beast to help out those that hate the machine infringing on its territory, while other beast see this as a chance to make the demons kin and to have the machine become part of the dream, so they can have a primordial network and infrastructure

EDIT: And yes, the god machine would most definitely feel emotion, slowly but surely, causing all kinds of glitches...And giving the integrators some hope for their own goals

Comment

The god machine is an alien mind that can't interact on the human scale. Its like Jupiter the planet trying to operate your toaster, its just not normally working. What Arcane is pointing out would be that the GM managing to interact with humanity with enough understanding and capability to hook into the primordial dream would usher in an insane new wave of experiments, angels, materials.

I mean at the very least what does happen if the GM decides to force-merging Insatiables and Horrors into the same systems used to Create an Angel? So you know fun stuff.

Comment

Also-imagine the terror of angels who finally get it.

Edit: Also, consider the terror of Beasts who also finally get it.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
          Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Hell if we assume this connection would be both ways, the GM's nature starts leaking into the Primordial Dream, then some weird results would come up as well. Would the Beghotten learn a Nightmare that inflicts the failing of purpose that each of the Unchained suffered?

Comment

Well I hope the lore conflicts can be subverted and made to make sense

nalak42 it would be both ways, and I think it would be best played on the cosmic scale.

Comment

Working...
              X