No announcement yet.

[Hack] Heralds as entering level Template

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure about Obcasus rites. If they're close enough to a bunch of Beasts to be introduced to their religion and true nature, why haven't the Beasts helped Devour them yet?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
      I'm not sure about Obcasus rites. If they're close enough to a bunch of Beasts to be introduced to their religion and true nature, why haven't the Beasts helped Devour them yet?
      Maybe can't or shouldn't until the Progeny is "ripe" enough?

Which means one could also introduce what happens when the whole thing goes wrong, as a plot hook or new antagonist.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
        Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
        Maybe can't or shouldn't until the Progeny is "ripe" enough?

Which means one could also introduce what happens when the whole thing goes wrong, as a plot hook or new antagonist.
        Personally, I feel that the ability to lead Obcasus Rites is something that should belong to Beasts. Perhaps the Progeny could have a Merit that allows them to be helpful to a Rite, but full Initiation should belong to the Begotten. However, as Vent0 says, it could be some kind of cultural thing.

One thing I kind of like the idea of is for Progeny to have, instead of a Horror, a Seed - the beginning of a story. It's a theme, or something like that, that if they act in accordance with it - i.e. do something similar to Feeding for Beasts - it acts as a beacon for Horrors. Mechanically, acting in accordance with your Seed would allow you to roll however many dice (I'm not sure of the pool) and accumulate that many successes towards attracting a Horror, as a kind of weird Extended Action. I'm not sure what the requirement would be, or if the Progeny should have any kind of conscious control of this at all, beyond acting or not acting in accordance with their Seed, but I do like the idea of the Progeny being kind of like kids in an orphanage, trying to look as good as they can for prospective parents.

Comment

Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
          Personally, I feel that the ability to lead Obcasus Rites is something that should belong to Beasts. Perhaps the Progeny could have a Merit that allows them to be helpful to a Rite, but full Initiation should belong to the Begotten. However, as Vent0 says, it could be some kind of cultural thing.
          Progeny do not lead in Rites. They only can work as better of two Trappings - assistant or cultist. They are usefull, but not making proper Rites.
          Last edited by wyrdhamster; 05-27-2018, 12:54 PM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
          X