Is this considered possible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
    Arcane the inheritance does not instantly mean they will fight to the death straight away. They will more than likely have many battles against each other that will gain fame. As for pretty much exalting the monomyth, just like how beast can gain cults, due to the nature of this sorta story mortals will subconsciously begin to be able to relate to the beast and may join him instead of hero, to represent the fact both are important and of the same prominence in the story
    Inheritance represents a) a change to the status quo, and b)a suicide metaphor either by death of Legend or Life.

What basically amounts to an unspoken agreement to perpetuate a cycle that is already in motion does neither of those things.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

The inheritance section state that there are possibly more out there. Not to mention the inversion inheritance where the status quo remains much the same, just that a beast becomes a hero.However I do see how this particular idea I have can have complications, such as what would make a player purposely want am arch nemesis that constantly wants them dead, along with their own beast having that same feeling

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
        The inheritance section state that there are possibly more out there. Not to mention the inversion inheritance where the status quo remains much the same, just that a beast becomes a hero.However I do see how this particular idea I have can have complications, such as what would make a player purposely want am arch nemesis that constantly wants them dead, along with their own beast having that same feeling
        Beast becomes a hero is kind of very dramatic change of status quo.

Also, that raises another point-Inheritance is all about the transformation of the Beast by themselves. Involving a hero in a new one is anathemic(heh) to the spirit of it.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Hmm. Well to me inversion is sorta just changing the beast into a hero that then continues the monomyth against other beast, so basically.

Hmm, as for change, i can see how that is a problem, as I have not really thought about it. One thing that can happen is the beast and hero start to gain changes to themselves, representing how their rivalry works, and I've mentioned both thing able to place anathema on each other. Is it ok if you go more in depth with what you mean, because I also said that beast, through both characters being so important in the story, have primordial dream subconscious start seeing them as the good guy, or, more appropriately, misunderstood monster (like beauty and the beast)

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
            The whole point of incarnation is the complete subversion of the monomyth. So, nope. Besides, if the climax to it is virtual suicide, what is the point of considering an afterwards if there won't be one?

True. The thing that separates Heroes from Hunters is that the Hero thinks the story revolves around them.

Becoming an incarnate is all about shattering that delusion and making the Hero realize that this isn't their story, it's the monster's.

Comment

Working...
            X