Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Beasts as antagonists

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Oh ok I understand now. Good luck on the one shot (and make their horrors scary as hell!)

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
      Oh ok I understand now. Good luck on the one shot (and make their horrors scary as hell!)
      Seconded. Remember, Horrors are literally myths of fear. That should come across. Make 'em mean.


      Comment


      • #18
        Also, while I'm fairly certain that you can't make a horror titanic or tiny in size, don't be afraid to really make the horror really big and imposing

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
          Also, while I'm fairly certain that you can't make a horror titanic or tiny in size, don't be afraid to really make the horror really big and imposing
          Honestly, the piece the resistance should be the moment they do enter the lair of the beast haunting the school (Either a Talassi or an Eshmaki but definitely a Tyrant) and then the Horror shows up!

          Comment


          • #20
            So, I love this idea, and others have made some really great points! Here's something I thought of that nobody's mentioned:

            Why not have a Hero show up at some point? You said the theme here is "growning up sucks." Another nice way to highlight that is the idea that "you're just pawns in someone else's game." At the same time your Tyrant Beast is tightening its grip on the players, or your Ravager is pulling their world down around them, you could have a Hero show up to save them...and then try to sacrifice them in the name of "the Greater Good."

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Gellydog View Post
              So, I love this idea, and others have made some really great points! Here's something I thought of that nobody's mentioned:

              Why not have a Hero show up at some point? You said the theme here is "growning up sucks." Another nice way to highlight that is the idea that "you're just pawns in someone else's game." At the same time your Tyrant Beast is tightening its grip on the players, or your Ravager is pulling their world down around them, you could have a Hero show up to save them...and then try to sacrifice them in the name of "the Greater Good."
              I want to marry this idea. Maybe, he could be an older friend or even a relative. Plot twist!

              Comment


              • #22
                One thing I just realized. As much as I love that movie the Horror as I envisioned it looks too much like IT. What would be another cool motif?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by damocles23 View Post
                  One thing I just realized. As much as I love that movie the Horror as I envisioned it looks too much like IT. What would be another cool motif?
                  Maybe the Dragon, from Evgeny Schwartz' The Dragon could serve as inspiration? Just read the quote here:
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evgeny...rtz#The_Dragon


                  Comment


                  • #24
                    So, I think I have figured out an outline of the story.
                    We'll start in a small town of California (If any of you are from there, we apologize. We know you don't abide man eating monsters. We hope.) with the characters being first year highschoolers. There is a distinct creepy mood in the town, that "I'm ok, you're ok, everyone is ok" kind of mindset...Just as countless drifters, vagrants and problem kids are disappearing, including some from the main character's families. They are a tight knit group of friends that will probaly start investigating once they see that the Beast (Choosing the family is becoming more and more complicated because she fits is so many!) is very proactive with her Nightmares. That and a mixture of complacency because people know that there is something wrong with the twon, it's in their skin, but if it doesn't involve them they don't care. "First they came for the Socialists..." and all that. We'll introduce several possible Red Herrings, teachers, parents and that creepy drifter who has definitely killed someone (who'll later be revealed as the Hero) only to find out that the Dragon, that's how she calls herself is one of their classmates. Possibly the Goth Girl because my players expect one but they don't expect her to be villain. All of this will culminate at the Beast's hideout/Lair, an old construction site with plenty of natural and supernatural hazard where they will attempt to slay the Dragon...Or die trying.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      What about a sort of reversal of the theme "the princess and the dragon"?
                      The goth girl could be a gothic lolita with the obsession of being cute and kawaii, because in the deep she feels ugly and monstrous (maybe someone bullied her on her appearance).
                      Her lair could be a sort of "towers " where she keep a "court" made of the prisoners, playing whit her "dolls" in a sort of wicked game to gain gifts, attention and affection (with intimidation and punishments)

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        A Namtaru Tyrant, maybe?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Or a collector

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X