The beast societies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The beast societies

Will the atheaneum, guardians, empusae, and the apex predator beasts get fuller write ups at some point? As of the beast player guide they are more to further flesh out your own beast and give story hooks, without added mechanical effects

Beast's Athenaeum of the Dark Mother could easily use mechanics for Mage's 2E Athenea of Mysterium - they are very similar concepts. I even have theory that Beast's one is nightmare representation of Mage's one, Dark Dream for Begotten to Bright Dream of Awakened.

‚ÄčEmpusae, then, are in reality really dedicated Obcasus Rites Initiates, seeking real Communion with Dark Mother. Just pour all XP in Rites and run character in that she looks for signs from Dark Mother everywhere - and you have Empusae.

Guardian Beasts sounds as those that look out to not see information of Dark Mother. They do not seek Communion, rather early warning system of Mothers doing. I would made special Merit tree based on their Warning Condition - antagonistic to Mother variant of Communion - that get's them bonuses to seeing dangers of Mother and rest of Astral. That sounds fitting.

Dominae are simply Begotten striking to be always local Apex. As they (quoting) 'invariably seek a position of ultimate authority and their every interaction with their kin is part of the complex maneuvering necessary to reach a place of absolute social dominance within the brood' - that sound a lot like Venture vampires, Silver Ladder or Seers of Throne mages or Spring Courtiers changeling. Using some of Merits mechanics for those should be enough. Or just simply get Dominae some Style Merit based on Social Maneuvering of others.

May look into those things in coming weeks, as looks as interesting concepts to homebrew.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-15-2018, 03:49 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

So my hammering fan Merits and stuff on this subject is in this topic:
      Seekers of the Dark Mother - Beast societies mechanics

Have about 2/3 of first draft of rules already.
      Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-15-2018, 12:44 PM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Thank you wyrdhamster! It means a lot to me that you put in the work for this

Comment

Working...
        X