Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heroes Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Heroes Questions

    So I’m just after reading 3 pages of answer posts from searching ‘Hero’ in 62 pages long ‘Ask simple question’ topic – and still not having answers to problems I found in Heroes mechanics. ( Even when I read interesting ideas on crossovers Heroes with other splats. ) To not lose my sanity in searching in there, I start a shorter topic to answer some more basic questions of Beasts natural antagonists.

    Heroes Questions
    1. WHEN Hero-to-be becomes mechanical Hero? On what terms he get’s Hard to Kill, Life & Legend and Heroic Tracking? Ability to place Anathema on Beasts? Call Followers in their dreams? With Heroic Gifts it’s simple matter – Hero get’s first Gift on his first kill of Beast. But what with other traits? For example, I plan to use newly awoken Hero in my story. He just get weird dreams about Beast that makes disturbance in local Primordial Dream. Would he just after one or two nights of nightmares had those abilities already? Would he simply woke up and had Virtue & Vice replaced with Life & Legend? Got Heroic Tracking? Can he concentrate and simply Call the Followers now? Or do it need to pass some logical number of nights? Or maybe he must do something to activate those powers? OR they simply do not show up until Hero does his first kill?


    LGBT+ in CoD games
    Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
    Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
    Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
    My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

  • #2
    Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    So I’m just after reading 3 pages of answer posts from searching ‘Hero’ in 62 pages long ‘Ask simple question’ topic – and still not having answers to problems I found in Heroes mechanics. ( Even when I read interesting ideas on crossovers Heroes with other splats. ) To not lose my sanity in searching in there, I start a shorter topic to answer some more basic questions of Beasts natural antagonists.

    Heroes Questions
    1. WHEN Hero-to-be becomes mechanical Hero? On what terms he get’s Hard to Kill, Life & Legend and Heroic Tracking? Ability to place Anathema on Beasts? Call Followers in their dreams? With Heroic Gifts it’s simple matter – Hero get’s first Gift on his first kill of Beast. But what with other traits? For example, I plan to use newly awoken Hero in my story. He just get weird dreams about Beast that makes disturbance in local Primordial Dream. Would he just after one or two nights of nightmares had those abilities already? Would he simply woke up and had Virtue & Vice replaced with Life & Legend? Got Heroic Tracking? Can he concentrate and simply Call the Followers now? Or do it need to pass some logical number of nights? Or maybe he must do something to activate those powers? OR they simply do not show up until Hero does his first kill?
    wyrdhamster , this is a good question, but please just ask this question in the 'ask a simple question' thread. Just put it in at the end.


    Comment


    • #3
      Seconding ajf115. You keep opening threads for things that honestly do not warrant a whole thread. Ask the question in the place it is meant to be asked, you are likely to get an answer then.

      Comment


      • #4
        Please start using the freaking "Ask a Simple Question" threads, for the love of community.


        Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

        Comment


        • #5
          Let's not dogpile, please. The sentiment has been expressed.


          Comment


          • #6
            You want more Heroes related questions – here I got another one.

            2. How Heroes get into Beasts Lair without Open Gate Gift, to get his first kill? After reading corebook, Beast Player’s Guide and Conquering Heroes section on Heroes – I cannot see much like Hero can enter Heart of Lair without consent of the Begotten he is stalking.


            LGBT+ in CoD games
            Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
            Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
            Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
            My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
              You want more Heroes related questions – here I got another one.

              2. How Heroes get into Beasts Lair without Open Gate Gift, to get his first kill? After reading corebook, Beast Player’s Guide and Conquering Heroes section on Heroes – I cannot see much like Hero can enter Heart of Lair without consent of the Begotten he is stalking.
              There is an obvious answer to this very simple question and there is a clearly-labeled venue for that exchange to take place in.


              Resident Sanguinary Analyst
              Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

              Comment


              • #8
                Well, the hero could simply recognize the beast in material world and kill her without a word.
                One of the heroes in the night horror book does exactly that

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hamster, more questions does not stop the fact that all of these are simple questions that do not need their own thread. I can answer all of them in a heartbeat and the only reason I refuse to is because this is ridiculous.


                  Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                  The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                  Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Neos01 View Post
                    Well, the hero could simply recognize the beast in material world and kill her without a word.
                    One of the heroes in the night horror book does exactly that
                    It's partially solves a problem with 2 if…

                    3. Can Hero simply SEE into Horror on the Beast, without a Gift? Heroic Tracking implies that Heroes only sense Primordial Dream disturbance around the Beast, Heroic Stalking pin-points the Begotten as source of disturbances. But still, it’s not exactly ‘this granny in front of you is monstrous hag’ revelation.


                    LGBT+ in CoD games
                    Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
                    Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
                    Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
                    My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If you aren't going to answer the questions being asked please don't post replies, just ignore the thread and move along. Thank you.


                      Onyx Path Forum Administrator
                      Posts in this color are moderator posts
                      Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
                      Forum Terms of Use
                      the Contact Us link.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

                        It's partially solves a problem with 2 if…

                        3. Can Hero simply SEE into Horror on the Beast, without a Gift? Heroic Tracking implies that Heroes only sense Primordial Dream disturbance around the Beast, Heroic Stalking pin-points the Begotten as source of disturbances. But still, it’s not exactly ‘this granny in front of you is monstrous hag’ revelation.
                        Unless you gain an exeptional success.
                        If not i think that the hero could simply observe the behavior of the nearby people until the beast do something wrong

                        Anyway i m with the others, using the ask a simple question thread would be better
                        Last edited by Neos01; 09-25-2018, 06:00 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                          3. Can Hero simply SEE into Horror on the Beast, without a Gift? (...) Heroic Stalking pin-points the Begotten as source of disturbances. But still, it’s not exactly ‘this granny in front of you is monstrous hag’ revelation.
                          Originally posted by Neos01 View Post
                          Unless you gain an exeptional success.
                          My BtP corebook seems to disagree on seeing Horror of Begotten on exp. suc. in Heroic Stalking:
                          Originally posted by ’BtP, p. 207’
                          Success: The Hero knows whether or not the Beast is currently present nearby, and whether a Beast has used a supernatural ability nearby within 24 hours.

                          Exceptional Success: The Hero also learns exactly how many Beasts are currently present, and can identify them as such on sight. This does not grant any particular ability to see through disguises or to find Beasts who are otherwise hidden.
                          Quotes seems to imply that Hero ‘knows’ that Beast is different from human being – but still do not see the Horror itself, even on exp. suc, on Heroic Stalking. It seems to imply rather that Hero on Stalking rather think that Begotten is something like ‘I know he is the culprit.’ Without self-imposed context of Hero that he looks for ‘horrific legendary creature’ – until he sees Beasts Horror, it seems to point that young Hero can only say that Child is maybe a serial killer. If I read this wrong, point me where.

                          Originally posted by Neos01 View Post
                          If not i think that the hero could simply observe the behavior of the nearby people until the beast do something wrong
                          It still it’s more – Hero thinking about Beast – ‘I know he is culprit of those murders’.


                          LGBT+ in CoD games
                          Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
                          Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
                          Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
                          My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            As connected to seeing Horror of Beasts is question…

                            4. Are Heroes Kin to Beasts? Heroes are treated as Minor Template, in universe, yes? As they both with Begotten are creatures of Primordial Dream. And Kin can see Horror of Child on their Atavisms activations – and this quotes seems to imply that Heroes can see Beast’s Horror when Atavisms are activated.

                            Originally posted by ’BtP, p. 122’
                            Beings with supernatural senses, however, catch a glimpse of the Horror when the Beast activates an Atavism. This includes any supernatural creature (vampire, werewolf, changeling, Sin-Eater, etc.), normal human beings with the Unseen Sense Merit (no matter what it usually detects), Heroes, ephemeral beings (see p. 182) and anyone else with sensitivity to otherworldly phenomena at the Storyteller’s discretion.

                            Glimpsing the Horror in this way doesn’t grant the witness any real understanding of what he is seeing. The witness sees the Eshmaki take a deep breath and then exhale a gout of blue fire, but if he is at all supernaturally aware, he always sees the mighty dragon superimposed over the Beast’s mortal form, unleashing its hellish breath. The Makara activates Monster From the Deep and everyone in the room feels the pressure of the tentacles around their necks, but only the Beast’s Promethean companion actually sees the kraken lurking below.
                            So it seems that for Hero to know he hunts real monsters – not ‘serial killers’ – all you need to make is that Hero see Atavisms activated in front of him – then Beast’s Horror will show over her.


                            LGBT+ in CoD games
                            Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
                            Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
                            Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
                            My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The hero Candy Rasmussen ( conquering heroes pag 22) shows the ability to see her first beast horror without gift and not while using atavism, i desume she gained the exeptional success effect but i m not sure

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X