X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argeniat
    started a topic Questions regarding lair traits

Questions regarding lair traits

This is probably already written somewhere but this place is huge.

Question 1: How large is a given chamber? Making it match the exact dimensions of it's physical location doesn't make a ton of sense since it c an be shaped to match what you want it to but I have no way to judge how large a chamber should be.

Question 2: If I'm imposing a Lair Trait, how much area can i affect? I don't see any given dimensions or even rough guides. If I'm in a house, can I only do the room I'm in, the whole place? The neighborhood? Should having the Vast Lair merit help maximize that area?

I love this genre, but it's seven cool ideas held together by shoestrings and chewing gum.

• ArchonAres
    replied
    Originally posted by Argeniat View Post
    This is probably already written somewhere but this place is huge.

Question 1: How large is a given chamber? Making it match the exact dimensions of it's physical location doesn't make a ton of sense since it c an be shaped to match what you want it to but I have no way to judge how large a chamber should be.

Question 2: If I'm imposing a Lair Trait, how much area can i affect? I don't see any given dimensions or even rough guides. If I'm in a house, can I only do the room I'm in, the whole place? The neighborhood? Should having the Vast Lair merit help maximize that area?

I love this genre, but it's seven cool ideas held together by shoestrings and chewing gum.
    The thing is, the air isn't a physical place. It might reflect one, but it isn't. No mechanics govern a chamber's size, so it's as big as the beast desires.

Similarly, mechanics don't determine how far a trait reaches. I generally make it last for a scene, unless there is a dramatic scenery change.

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by Argeniat View Post
    In the absence of specific adjustments, a Chamber is as big as the location it reflected.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X