Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Throne View Post
    Go away and let other people take fun.
    The difficulty is that as Satchel indicated, this is more or less continuing a previous thread (which itself came from a previous thread). The criticism makes a bit more sense in context.

Comment

I can relate... but the solution is the same, i think? I too read many post that put me to unease. My thread were ignored too. And this is fine: nobody is perfect....for anybody Make post over post about " You MUST agree with me, hod dare you!" is ... not optimal, yes?
      I dont argue over, too.
      Thanks to all

Comment

On a different front, and from a place of real concern:

Originally posted by crapcarp View Post
        For example, when I read Thaddeus's backstory, I literally went into a bout of suicidal depression.
        I have thoughts and questions about this particular reaction, but the main one is that I hope that you are getting help for dealing with your problems. Professional aid cannot be overstated where suicidal depression is concerned, and it's important that you take care of yourself.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
        Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
          I have thoughts and questions about this particular reaction, but the main one is that I hope that you are getting help for dealing with your problems. Professional aid cannot be overstated where suicidal depression is concerned, and it's important that you take care of yourself.
          Oh yeah, I'm definitely healing in that regard.

Anyways, I've done some updates in response to criticisms.
          • I've rewritten the introduction to be less confrontational and better convey why I'm making Monomyth.
          • The Integrity analogue has been separated from Myth and made into Conformity. Conformity represents a Beast's attunement to the Monomyth; how well they obey to its rules. They start with 3 dots in it at character creation. If they have 10 dots they fully succumb to the Monomyth, becoming a Storyteller character. Myth is the Beast's personal legend; its dots increasing as it becomes more complex and nuanced.
          • Maledictions have been renamed Mala (singular Malum; it means "evil" in Latin).
          • Added some basic descriptions to Monomyth's major themes, and I'll write up more detailed ones in the future.
          • Cut out that part about Heroes requiring low Integrity.

Comment

The "fix" comment and naming an antagonist the Devoured is still pretty confrontational, as it not fixing the misstatement about how Devouring works in Primordial. You are not Devoured by another Beast, another Beast uses their power over nightmares to force you to confront your Horror which then tries to Devour you; the only substantive difference between Emergence and Devouring is Devouring creates a built in socialization between Beasts by having most Beasts undergo the Devouring under the watch and influence of a mentor.

Conformity being a fail state at 10 is still a bad design choice because it's a bad roll and you irrevocably lose your character. There is no clear reason to have Conformity 10 be an unrecoverable state (even if perhaps not personally)... after all what could be better as a subversive act against the Monomyth than pulling a Beast back from that state?

The Bans and Banes weakness doesn't mesh with the new Myth power stat as written. If high Myth is a Beast's personal legend, they shouldn't be losing their control over it by getting more dots in it.

Renaming Maledictions to Mala is missed the whole point of the issues raised with them as a concept. Primordial divides powers into Atavisms and Nightmares on a design level to play with the way Satiety influences them disparately. This division doesn't serve a purpose if they are functionally the same; as well as no real explanation for where they came from.

Comment

Originally posted by crapcarp View Post
              I'm not kidding here. For example, when I read Thaddeus's backstory, I literally went into a bout of suicidal depression. The writers aren't to blame for this, and it certainly wasn't their intent. It's just a simple case of my mental damage not gelling well with how Primordial was presented. Horror games should be a bit uncomfortable, given the subject matter, but they should never be too much so. Unfortunately, Primordial is too uncomfortable for me. Shit happens, and no one's to blame here.
              Fair enough but why and how does Monomyth change this? If I could get a clearer understanding of the rewrite purposes I would probably be supportive.

Comment

To go with your renewed focus on this being a new game and not a homebrew for Primordial, I suggest you change all the places that compare it to Primordial in your actual write up to simply explain the feature directly rather than as a comparison to Primordial. If there are portions of rules that you want to use from Primordial without re-posting them here then that should be handled as a parenthetical that mention Primodial as a reference but doesn't draw comparisons. I can cite spcific examples but I think its better to do a once over yourself before I were to do so.

(he/him/his)

Backer #2010

Comment

Working...
                X