Forum fun: Guess That Beast!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum fun: Guess That Beast!

So I thought this might be a fun diversion and/or a source of inspiration for Beast, and figured I'd see if anyone would also have fun with it. The game is called "Guess that Beast". Here's how it works:
    1. Write up a monster from any work of popular fiction as a Beast you might encounter in the World of Darkness. You don't have to be 100% with the details - after all, the original stories were written by Heroes with their own agendas! - but try to make it recognizable enough that others would be able to guess.
    2. Try to guess the original monster based on other people's write-ups without looking at an answer.
    3. If you guess correctly, congratulations, you get points! You can't exchange them for anything but you can feel good about yourself knowing you have them.
    Here's an example to get the ball rolling:

Family & Hunger: Namtaru Tyrant

He thought he'd achieved a good balance, living as a Beast. His job as a sewer worker in suburban Maine gave him plenty of seclusion, and with his particular Atavisms, he could get anywhere in town unnoticed in an emergency using the tunnel network. When he needed to feed, there were always kids poking around where they shouldn't, and using some monstrous guise to terrify them would always satisfy his Hunger for a while. The braver ones learned to face their inner fears, and the rest learned not to go hanging around dangerous spots. Everything was working out perfectly.

Operative word: was. The latest kid to go poking around a storm drain entrance fell and hurt his arm pretty badly while scrambling to get away, and now a group of the older children were organizing themselves and looking for the "monster" he'd seen. He knew he needed to scare them off quick, before they found his Lair and forced a confrontation...

Answer:
    Pennywise, from Stephen King's It.

What are your re-imagined characters?

Just wanted to say I appreciate the thread and I've been trying to find a good one since yesterday night.

I'll see what comes up once I'm at my PC later today.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

I kept looking for a perfect one, but then figured just writing one would be better. So here we are:

Family & Hunger: Anakim Ravager

Even among those of his Family this Beast is a legend. Older than most, a giant among giants. So powerful and reclusive many think he's just a myth. Storms announce his arrival and his steps are like thunders themselves. Is it as if the sun prefers to disappear rather than have to look at him. How he managed to do so? Nobody knows for sure, but it's certain that the Begotten is fervently dedicated to teaching the Lesson he considers important, which might be one of the reasons that allowed him to reach such a complete state of balance and determination.

This time though? The one that needs a Lesson is a mighty young Hero. She's obscenely powerful and motivated, as if killing monsters is the only purpose of her life. She also wields a mighty weapon of which everyone is afraid of. But she's also still a kid and there are certain things she does not want to face. And some lessons, like the one that our loved ones can die and we need to accept it, that deaht has nothing to do with monsters, magic and trophies, must be taught. Hero or not.

He knows that he risks his own life to get this truth across, but he still needs to try.

Answer:
      The Titan from I Kill Giants. Seemed to have the right balance between not too hard and not too easy.
      Last edited by Cinder; 01-23-2019, 04:13 PM.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

Working...
      X