Beast, CHangeling's and other things.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
    I understand that. it does not, however, state what happens when given immunity from such a trait
    You can't actually give immunity to a Lair Trait to things that aren't Beasts. You can protect them from the Lair Trait, but that means protecting them from the Lair Trait, not making them immune to the thing that the Trait is.

The Lair not applying the effects of Blinding Light to a visitor is accomplished by their not being subjected to the thing that the Blinding Light Trait represents, which is a different thing from their being able to be subjected to that stimulus and not react accordingly. The book is pretty clear that the effects of the Lair are real even though they're part of a dream-world.

Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
      You can't actually give immunity to a Lair Trait to things that aren't Beasts. You can protect them from the Lair Trait, but that means protecting them from the Lair Trait, not making them immune to the thing that the Trait is.

The Lair not applying the effects of Blinding Light to a visitor is accomplished by their not being subjected to the thing that the Blinding Light Trait represents, which is a different thing from their being able to be subjected to that stimulus and not react accordingly. The book is pretty clear that the effects of the Lair are real even though they're part of a dream-world.
      ahh ok, I'll admit I misremembered immunity from protection. thanks for clearing that up and my apologies

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post

I understand that. it does not, however, state what happens when given immunity from such a trait
        I think in the given example of vampires still catching fire in sunlight it's about the specific trait, not any other traits that may share the same source. A vampire could theoretically be protected from Bane damage from the sun if the Lair Trait is "the mystical properties of sunlight" rather than just "blinding brightness". Only problem is that I don't think any Beast will have that as a Lair Trait unless shenanigans are abrewing.

Bloodline: The Stygians
        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Working...
        X