No announcement yet.

Another Princess: the Hopeful, Beast: the Primordial thread,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another angle to consider for Crossover is that the Begotten and Hopeful are both connected to, and more importantly shaped by, the dreams of humanity. A Beast's horror is a literal nightmare, a shared symbol of a "lizard brain" fear that's given meaning and context through shared stories and symbolism. A Princess is endowed with the power and aspect of a utopian or paragon ideal, one that gives them tremendous power at the cost of needing to foster said ideal and it's tenants in the hearts and minds of *everyone* they cross, else they wither away and either die or be consumed by their own inability to make a change for the better in the world.

In other words, both are given roles they *must* play by the world they live in. Which means, on some level they could easily empathize with one another and bonds could form. It wouldn't be easy, but making lasting connections never is.
    Last edited by Dusksage; 04-22-2020, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Assuming that the Nobles are able to get past the fact that Beasts have to hurt people, no matter what. Still, in such a situation, at least the Begotten try to minimise the harm they do and divert what harm they can't stop to a somewhat productive end (namely teaching people to suppass their fear or at least channel it into something productive).

I'm not opposing you, Dusksage, just trying to point out a potential flaw.

Comment

We already have a huge thread that goes quite in depth on that topic. You commented on it, if I recall.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

The point I was trying to being up was that if someone wanted to approach Princess and Beast for crossover purposes then using their connections to dreams could be a potential resource. Particularly since both splats supernatural natures are directly shaped by human dreams and belief.

These are both creatures who's natures are tied to the Astral Realm. This can lead to common group if the storyteller uses it creatively.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusksage View Post
            The point I was trying to being up was that if someone wanted to approach Princess and Beast for crossover purposes then using their connections to dreams could be a potential resource. Particularly since both splats supernatural natures are directly shaped by human dreams and belief.

These are both creatures who's natures are tied to the Astral Realm. This can lead to common group if the storyteller uses it creatively.
            I know, I know, I was simply pointing out a potential complication the ST could toss in. As in, there's a group of BBEGs (such as a group of Beasts with the Ravager Hunger allied with a particularly 'open-minded' cell of Storm-Wracked), or a lone BBEG (like an Insatiable backed by the Darkness for whatever reason), that only the combined skill-sets of Begotten and Hopeful could deal with. And one of the hurdles is to help the Nobles get past their usual hangups about the Children! I mean, Fear and Utopia? Does that sound like a common combo to you? Like, at all?

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
            I wasn't trying to drag that discussion here, so apologies for the misunderstanding.

Comment

Ah, I see what you are trying to say now. And that is one of the big hurdles for trying to incorporate Princess into any crossover game, especially Beast since they are in a lot of ways more diametrically opposed forces than even Beasts and Heroes (who I personally see as more reflections of the other and their role in the collective soul of humanity.)

To that end, probably the best solution I can think of is focusing on the human aspects of the two's relationships. The Begotten and Nobles are still both people first, and either connecting characters or touchstones would be a way to facilitate peaceful coexistence first, with all the splat centric cultural baggage being good drama fodder for both characters.

Comment

Working...
              X