One punch man garou

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One punch man garou

just wondering, is this guy a good example of a beast trying to do good? I found that, while his motivations are extreme. he only hurts heroes along the way

You may want to actually explain your thoughts for those not following the series.Also helps to differentiate a bit as it took a minute or two to realize the anime you were talking about and not that the thread title wasn't an attempt at making a Werewolf Saitama or something.

Nitpick aside.
    Eh, I mean I suppose if you go with the whole angle of crushing heroes who aren't actually being heroes its a fair one. Stain in "My Hero Academia" had that as his whole shtick too. Just I don't know Garou feels kind of weak as an example of a Beast trying to do good considering his plan was a bit lackluster.
    "Become ultimate world killing monster, then beat down all heroes who come after me to ensure humanity is too busy going after me to go after itself."
    Probably also not horribly helped by how I never really felt like he was trying to do good, more like he figured good would be an inevitable outcome of his own evil actions.

You could do it, and it would probably work just don't feel it much.

Comment

Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
      You may want to actually explain your thoughts for those not following the series.Also helps to differentiate a bit as it took a minute or two to realize the anime you were talking about and not that the thread title wasn't an attempt at making a Werewolf Saitama or something.

Nitpick aside.
      Eh, I mean I suppose if you go with the whole angle of crushing heroes who aren't actually being heroes its a fair one. Stain in "My Hero Academia" had that as his whole shtick too. Just I don't know Garou feels kind of weak as an example of a Beast trying to do good considering his plan was a bit lackluster.
      "Become ultimate world killing monster, then beat down all heroes who come after me to ensure humanity is too busy going after me to go after itself."
      Probably also not horribly helped by how I never really felt like he was trying to do good, more like he figured good would be an inevitable outcome of his own evil actions.

You could do it, and it would probably work just don't feel it much.
      oh I understand he has a crap way of doing it, I think he is still an example of a beast trying to do good with what he can do

Comment

The general idea isn't that uncommon.
        "Becoming the enemy of the world for humanity's sake"
        comes up here and there in games and movies and some of the core could be intepreted in a similar vein.

You can go for it, and see if it works at your table. Just don't be too shackled by staying true to Garou, cause I don't think that'll work that much beyond the initial inspiration.

Comment

Working...
        X