Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Deviant and Beast.

Deviant are Kine and can buy kinship?

Kin, not Kine. Kine is for cows. You eat Kine with your Kin.

But yes, Deviants are Kin and can obtain the Family Ties Condition from Beasts.
    Last edited by ArcaneArts; 10-28-2019, 03:08 AM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

I pity the saps who have pissed off Begotten with Deviant Kinship Nightmares. With names like "Your Flesh Revolts", "You Are Being Targeted", "You Will Lose Your Loved Ones", "They Are Already Here", Your Skull Runs Over"...

Comment

Ooo, now I want in. What are some nightmares based on what makes other people fear Deviants?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

"Your Body is a Cage"

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)

Comment

I can see that going either way but it's a damn cool name either way.

Man this is hard. Especially finding ground not covered by the General Nightmares. Like, You Deserve This would be my first idea if it wasn't already in the book.

You Pissed Them Off: something tied to fearing people suddenly turning completely against you for some arbitrary-seeming reason.

You Never Wanted This: the fear that something you've been doing has been twisted into something monstrous and unecessary by either yourself or toxic followers . tied to Loyalty Touchstone's fear of the lengths their Deviants will go to to protect them

They Attack Unseen: based on the fear of psychic powers. Removes defense because you can't track the user's attacks anymore, as if you are just being hurt by the air
            Last edited by Master Aquatosic; 10-28-2019, 04:25 PM.

Comment

You know, my thought when I saw this thread was how powerful both splats are on the up front. Like, sure, a mage with some xp is dangerous, but both Begotten and Renegade feel like they're pretty front loaded on power (I am not complaining about this*).

Some poor Hunter or Hero would be in for a world of hurt, especially if they mix up what they're going after.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchonAres View Post
                You know, my thought when I saw this thread was how powerful both splats are on the up front. Like, sure, a mage with some xp is dangerous, but both Begotten and Renegade feel like they're pretty front loaded on power (I am not complaining about this*).

Some poor Hunter or Hero would be in for a world of hurt, especially if they mix up what they're going after.
                A lot of splats are like that. Hunters, Heroes, and Mages who try to handle a Changeling or a Sin-Eater off the handle will often find themselves on the wrong foot.

The problem for all three of them is they often know that that's the case, which means when they are caught on the wrong foot, most of them don't just go into, but rather try and get away and recoup. If they can succeed in that, then you run into the problem of preparation, which can include but is not limited to escalation of violence into ridiculous overkill and collateral, warping the situation to fit their needs, or generally learning what they need to put you down and executing it with scalpel precision.

The three can be brash, but the three are hard to accuse of being stupid. The ones that survive, anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                  I can see that going either way but it's a damn cool name either way.

Man this is hard. Especially finding ground not covered by the General Nightmares. Like, You Deserve This would be my first idea if it wasn't already in the book.

You Pissed Them Off: something tied to fearing people suddenly turning completely against you for some arbitrary-seeming reason.

You Never Wanted This: the fear that something you've been doing has been twisted into something monstrous and unecessary by either yourself or toxic followers . tied to Loyalty Touchstone's fear of the lengths their Deviants will go to to protect them

They Attack Unseen: based on the fear of psychic powers. Removes defense because you can't track the user's attacks anymore, as if you are just being hurt by the air
                  I'm a big fan of "I never wanted this". thematically fitting and can serve as a revelation to a deviant devoted/renegade.

"agents everywhere"- a nightmare that focuses on the the paranoia a renegade faces in the outside world

Comment

Does anyone have the time to make a summary of the Nightmares that already exist that could apply to the thematic fears of Deviant in general? We probably shouldn't get bogged down in individual powers that could inspire Nightmares due to just how varied Deviants can be. But listing existing Nightmares that could apply to Deviants in general or maybe even the themes of specific Clades could help us find the gaps where we could slide in our own concepts.

So far, generally themewise, I think the Werewolf Kinship Nightmare "Your Rage Consumes You" works for Deviant's Conviction.

"You Can't Dig It Out" is a good Invasive Nightmare

You Are A Meat Machine, the Promethean Nightmare works very well for Deviants with their inability to have an internal identity. Maybe the same for You Don't Have A Face

Anyone finds stuff in the corebook please post it too. Thanks
                    Last edited by Master Aquatosic; 11-02-2019, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X