Beast-Horror Fusion Cinematic(s)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TerrorCooper
    started a topic Beast-Horror Fusion Cinematic(s)

Beast-Horror Fusion Cinematic(s)

So, everyone with the proper level of familiarity with B:tP knows that a Beast and their Horror can fuse when both are inside the Lair. What I wish to know is if any of you lot describe, or otherwise roleplay, the act? And if so, how does/would it look to those watching? As in, does the Horror 'swallow' the Beast? Does the Beast physically transform? Or something else? And in as much/little detail as you want/can, please.

• Teatime
    replied
    The Beast walks behind a lamppost, the Horror emerges from the other side. The dimensions don't make sense.

The Horror's body materialises around the Beast, starting with veins and nerves, ending with muscles and skin.

The Beast becomes a human-shaped portal in space - the Lair visible on the other side. Then, the Horror peeks out.

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    Room goes dark, crack of lightning, Beast has disappeared. Pause as thunder rumbles in dark, new lightning, revealing the shrieking horror (Eshmaki/Ugallu/anyone with a Dark Lair)

Horror's jaws snap up from below or out of a cave entrance to engulf a laughing Beast (Eshmaki)

Grips edges of mouth and peels back skin all in one piece like a body suit to reveal the Horror. Bonus points if you start off by saying "Allow me to slip into something more horrifying" to complete the Gravity Falls reference. (Namtaru or Inguma)

Seem to melt, filling tje room with impossible amounts of water, before the Horror swims up from their blind spot .(Makara)

Become engulfed in a giant bonfire and emerge as your Horror.

Leave a comment:

• Paradim
    replied
    Originally posted by TerrorCooper View Post

That's what I was maening, Paradim. As in how, via Dream-Logic, any two would/could fuse.

Slow fade in and out, the Beast disappearing and the Horror reaching out in the Beast's place.
    Blink-and-you-miss-it transformation.
    Horror ripping through the Beast's skin and leaving a shed behind.
    Cracking of bones as the Beast's body reshapes itself into the Horror as they laugh.
    A Horror made of bugs comes pouring out of the Beast's mouth, covering them completely.
    For a humanoid Horror, could involve ripping off of the face and revealing the monster behind it.
    Transitional effects, such as a giant smashing through the building and the Beast is just gone from where they were.
    As the Lair settles around the place, the Beast fades away with laughter or a scream that is echoed by the Horror as it stalks around.

Dozens of ways. This is a world of nightmares made real. I suggest watching Nightmare on Elm St. for decent inspiration. Have the transitions be inspired by the Horror. IT is the nightmare, so express it. And do it differently for each Beast.

If you're looking for help for specific ideas to use, folks around here would be happy to help, most likely. ^.^

Leave a comment:

• TerrorCooper
    replied
    Originally posted by Wormwood View Post
    If I understand you correctly, you're basically looking for ways to fluff it up?
    Yes, no and half-right. I’m looking for ways it has been ‘fluffed up’, yes, but not for any sort of inspiration, at least for myself. It’s more of seeing what others have come up with for such ‘animations’.

Leave a comment:

• Wormwood
    replied
    If I understand you correctly, you're basically looking for ways to fluff it up?

I always liked the idea of the Beast 'shedding' their mortal shell to reveal what they truly are, e.g. https://www.wildelifecomic.com/comic/723 and https://www.wildelifecomic.com/comic/724 work as my inspiration for some Namtaru. For Anakim, a more violent metamorphosis, similar to a Werewolf, might work, with skin tearing and bones crackling, the body splitting open to reveal a much larger frame than this body could've ever held.
    More graduell transformations have their own charms, though. Discoloration of the skin sets in, the limbs extend, fur grows - and you've Animorphed your Begotten into his Horror guise!
    A simple "Vanish and replace" similar to old fairy tales can work very nicely, too.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about any "But that kind of transformation takes too long" complaints. First off, if done well, Rule of Cool trumps almost anything, and if someone's still (unreasonably! If they have valid criticism, always take that to heart!) dissatisfied, just refer to Dream Logic. Consider it a somewhat horrific version of a Magical Girl Transformation Sequence, and you're good

Leave a comment:

• TerrorCooper
    replied
    Originally posted by Paradim View Post
    My thoughts are.... Go with Dream-Logic and vary it up. Use different transitions for different Beasts.

That's what I was maening, Paradim. As in how, via Dream-Logic, any two would/could fuse.

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    Originally posted by Paradim View Post
    My thoughts are.... Go with Dream-Logic and vary it up. Use different transitions for different Beasts.
    this is a good idea. for example an anakim beast entering its Lair would charge against its horror, and in their clash, merge. a Namtaru on the other hand, could have a horror of sludgy composition, and slowly be engulfed by it.

Leave a comment:

• Paradim
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X