Night Horrors, Mythic Foes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Horrors, Mythic Foes

So once upon a time I read Night Horrors, Conquering Heroes... & I was a little disappointed.
    Don't get me wrong, it was great on multiple levels, I loved the introduction of the Insatiables, & it was good to see more variation with the Heroes. But, with a several entries I got a bit of a feeling of sameness.
    I don't know if anyone else felt this, but I got the idea into my head to start building a list of various ideas for entries of a second Beast the Primordial Night Horrors book, which I have titled "Mythic Foes".
    This thread is basically me sharing these ideas with the community.
    Note, some of them are very threadbare.

This "book" has been divided up into three chapters which are further divided.

Chapter 1: Halfway Sleeping/In the Dream
    This chapter covers Begotten, Heroes, Insatiable, & other creatures firmly rooted in the Primordial Dream. Also certain phenomenon of the Primordial Dream.

Chapter 2: Halfway Waking/In the Waking World
    This chapter covers hunters & other stuff of the material world that has been touched by the Primordial Dream in one way or another.

Chapter 3: Outside the Dream/Other Monsters
    Finally, this chapter covers creatures from other gamelines which have developed a connection of some sort to the Primordial Dream.
    I really feel Night Horrors, Conquering Heroes should have had something like this last chapter. Intellectually, I know what it didn't but it still bothers me.
    Last edited by Krat05; 04-09-2020, 06:58 PM. Reason: Forgot to go over the hypothetical structure of the "book"

Chapter 1
    Begotten
    • A Begotten with a Sorrow instead of a Horror.
    • Ancient Horror/Recurrent Soul Begotten.
    • Demon-possessed Begotten.
    • A Distorted Begotten (suffers from the Geryo disease).
    • Multi-Headed Begotten.
    • Sorcerer Incarnate.
    • A self-proclaimed high priest of the Dark Mother. Skilled in Obascus Rites.
    • Tiny Terror Beast Rampant.
    • Twin-Souled Begotten.
    • An Unfettered that lives far to the north, where the snow never melts. It is a persistent nightmare of the local Inuits.
    • A Begotten that didn't get devoured, rather they chose to become a Begotten.
    • A Begotten that is the ultimate expression of individual over society.
    • A Beast Incarnate that has acquired a small "brood" of Beasts Rampant to serve it.
    • A Begotten whose "Horror" was born in the Bright Dream.

Comment

Chapter 1
      Heroes
      • Ancient Horror/Recurrent Soul Hero.
      • Herald of a Primordial Cult turned Hero.
      • Monster Tamer Hero.
      • Obsessively glory-seeking Hero.
      • A Regnans or Hero Ascendant.
      • A Hero that is an expression of society over individual.
      • A sort of reverse Hero called a Prophet that's connected to the Bright Dream not the Primordial Dream.
      • #1 Hero with Lineage & Longing.
      • #2 Hero with Lineage & Longing.

Comment

Where I got this fanmade stuff from:
        Ancient Horror, Recurrent Soul, Multi-Headed, Twin-Souled, Tiny Terror are all fanmade Beast the Primordial Merits found on this site, most on the Beast fan-made Merits thread.
        I'm not really sure what the difference between the Ancient Horror Merit & the Recurrent Soul Merit is.
        Information on the reverse-Heroes called Prophets can be found on another thread, along with the information about Hero Lineages & Longings.
        The Monster Tamer Hero is a variation on the Hero that was conjured yet another thread on this site.
        The rest of the fanmade stuff, I can't remember where I got it from.

Comment

Chapter 1
          Insatiables
          • An Insatiable Incarnate.
          • The Insatiable who birthed the Insatiable-Blooded (this is a strain of demon-blooded that I haven't posted yet).

Comment

Chapter 1
            Other Inhabitants of the Dream
            • Alebrije.
            • Apparently normal people who each build a Chamber in the Primordial Dream for themselves.
            • Desolation: a vast abandoned Lair that draws sleeping souls to feed it, & consumes normal Laird to grow. Inspired by the Empty City of the Fear Mythos.
            • Fauna of the Primordial Dream (Nemeans, etc.).
            • A few lesser Protogenoi.
            • Flora of the Primordial Dream (Blind Panic, Immigrant-Job-Theft Dandelions, Red-Scare Kudzu, etc.).
            • A greater Protogenoi.
            • The Mythophagi.
            • A Night-Gaunt.
            • A pair of Night Terrors.
            • A predatory monster that moves through the Primordial Dream, hunting down Horrors to kill & devour.
            • A rogue Horrorspawn.
            • A Sorrow.
            • A creature of the Bright Dream that has wandered into the Primordial Dream.
            A ship crewed by ephemeral entities that voyages through the Primordial Dream.

Comment

Chapter 1
              Miscellaneous
              • A location that overlaps with the Primordial Dream.
              • A Mythic Item that leaves destruction in its wake.
              • The Nightmare Maelstrom.
              • The remnants of an Unchained that went to the Dark Mother to hide from the God-Machine & now rests in its own little corner of the Primordial Dream. This act created the Automata Family.
              • A disease that affects Begotten, causing their Horror to leak into their physical form.
              • A disease that causes feeding Begotten to infect those they feed off with little bits of their Horror.

Comment

To my knowledge, everything from the previous two posts is either my own creation, or comes from the thread "Nightmares & Dreamscapes: Incursions from the Primordial Dream".
                I apologize if I am incorrect in this regard.

Comment

Chapter 2
                  Hunters
                  • An experienced Knight of the Bloody Chalice.
                  • A newly recruited Knight of the Bloody Chalice.
                  • The current King of the Bloody Chalice (who I imagine as a woman).
                  • An Insatiable-Blooded that is of the modern American faction.
                  • An Insatiable-Blooded that is of the traditional African faction.
                  • A member of the Merrick Institute who is suffering from a severe psychotic break.
                  • A member of the Burya Storozh who is also in the Russian Mafiya.
                  • A member of the Cheiron Group whose newest implant enables them to enter the Primordial Dream & physically extract stuff.
                  • A member of Malleus Maleficarum who means to exorcise the demons known as Begotten.
                  Last edited by Krat05; 07-28-2020, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Chapter 2
                    Non-Humans
                    • A caliban.
                    • Flora/fauna that has been touched by the Primordial Dream, going through a sort of mini-Devouring of their own.
                    • The ghost of a human that has become a Begotten.

Comment

Chapter 2
                      Others
                      • A Dark Lord.
                      • Formidolosii.
                      • The Primordial Mutation.
                      • Primordial Sorcerer (Dark Sage, Primeval Necromancer, Primeval Shaman, Speaker of Curses, etc.).
                      • Primordial Witch.
                      • Terror Carriers.
                      • A psychic(?) of awesome might. They drag masses of people into the Primordial Dream every time they go to sleep.

Comment

So far, everything above is:
                        A) Official material.
                        B) Can be found somewhere on this site.
                        C) Is of my own invention.
                        Felt like I needed to establish that.

Groups that I have not covered so far in this Chapter are: Hero-Blooded; Llannerch Athrawon; Navio de Tolos; Nightmare Network; the Reckoning; Yam VeNahar Factories; Yuri's Group
                        Last edited by Krat05; 10-25-2020, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Chapter 3
                          Changeling
                          • An Autumn Court changeling.
                          • An oneiromantic changeling that has started dipping into the Primordial Dream & not the Skein (changeling dreamscape).
                          • A hobgoblin who goes out of its way to be the perfect friend to broods of Begotten. When they are offered kinship bonds/to join the brood accepts, & then starts poisoning the broods against themselves.
                          • A True Fae that has, somehow, managed to make connections between its domain & the Primordial Dream. The changelings that escape from it are all bound to the Primordial Dream.
                          • A member of the Scarecrow Ministry who feels that they must outdo all the Begotten in the area, & become the Apex.

Comment

Chapter 3
                            Mage
                            • A Horror that was given birth, not by the Dark Mother & the Primordial Dream, but by the Abyss.
                            • A mage Legacy that was founded on controlling the Primordial Dream.
                            • One of the Fangs of Mara, who knows of the Primordial Dream.

Comment

Chapter 3
                              Mummy
                              • A mummy that believes that they should resurrect the Nameless Empire, & that the secrets to do so lie within the Primordial Dream.
                              • A memory of the Nameless Empire that tears through the Astral Realms, dipping in & out of the Primordial Dream in its travels.
                              • A Judge that hides in the Primordial Dream from some ancient foe. How the Judge got into the Dream in the first place is a mystery, but the Dark Mother isn't throwing it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X