X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krat05
    started a topic Night Horrors, Mythic Foes

Night Horrors, Mythic Foes

So once upon a time I read Night Horrors, Conquering Heroes... & I was a little disappointed.
    Don't get me wrong, it was great on multiple levels, I loved the introduction of the Insatiables, & it was good to see more variation with the Heroes. But, with a several entries I got a bit of a feeling of sameness.
    I don't know if anyone else felt this, but I got the idea into my head to start building a list of various ideas for entries of a second Beast the Primordial Night Horrors book, which I have titled "Mythic Foes".
    This thread is basically me sharing these ideas with the community.
    Note, some of them are very threadbare.

This "book" has been divided up into three chapters which are further divided.

Chapter 1: Halfway Sleeping/In the Dream
    This chapter covers Begotten, Heroes, Insatiable, & other creatures firmly rooted in the Primordial Dream. Also certain phenomenon of the Primordial Dream.

Chapter 2: Halfway Waking/In the Waking World
    This chapter covers hunters & other stuff of the material world that has been touched by the Primordial Dream in one way or another.

Chapter 3: Outside the Dream/Other Monsters
    Finally, this chapter covers creatures from other gamelines which have developed a connection of some sort to the Primordial Dream.
    I really feel Night Horrors, Conquering Heroes should have had something like this last chapter. Intellectually, I know what it didn't but it still bothers me.
    Last edited by Krat05; 04-09-2020, 06:58 PM. Reason: Forgot to go over the hypothetical structure of the "book"

• Krat05
    replied
    The second is something I had to think about the structure of it (as opposed to the thing in the previous post). It is my attempt at making an antagonistic Primordial Cult, which I really wanted to do ever since I first started coming up with entries for Night Horrors, Mythic Foes, & I feel like it came out really good.

Cirque du Rêver
    A traveling circus & hanger-ons that has a dark secret.
    Long ago (maybe) there was a Begotten with a Primordial Cult. In time the Begotten was killed by a Hero, & in the wake of this event the cultists found themselves without purpose & not regressing back into non-Primordial Cultist people.
    At some point they found former members of another Primordial Cult & absorbed them for want of a better word. Still looking for a purpose, they repeated this several times before finding a Begotten they could serve, & all was well. Until the Begotten died.
    After the fifth Begotten died, the ringleaders of this disturbing patchwork of Primordial Cults came together to figure out how to properly solve their problem. And they came upon a solution.
    Taking the name Cirque du Rêver, they fashioned themselves into a traveling circus & began moving across the land in search of Begotten. Not to serve, oh no they had tried that & it always ended in failure, but to capture so that they could bask in the glory of their gods whenever they needed to.
    Haven't you heard? The circus is in town!

The name is French (I think) for Circus of Dream, which might not be grammatically correct, but a bit of incorrect grammer in the name feels right for the group.

Leave a comment:

• Krat05
    replied
    I've got found two more things to go on this thread. This first one, would probably go into Chapter 1:

A thing. Every day it has a new Hunger & a new Horror. It goes around doing its best to teach people lessons, Begotten style. But there's no sanity or coherence behind it & so the "students" just get damaged.

Leave a comment:

• Krat05
    replied
    I've got some more to post on this thread. Plus, I feel like Chapter 3 is incomplete without anything from Deviant: The Renegades. But for now this is where I'm going to stop.

Leave a comment:

• Krat05
    replied
    Chapter 3
    The Rest
    • A mysterious creature which can turn Begotten back into humans, for a price. Oh, & the souls needed for such a task, it steals from innocent victims.
    • An angel that has been tasked, by the God-Machine, to find some way to affect the Begotten & other things of the Primordial Dream.
    • A Noble (Princess: The Hopeful).
    • A Promethean that was made by a Begotten.
    • A Sin-Eater that has seen too many ghosts of the victims of the Begotten. Now they hunt Begotten in revenge for these hurting dead.

Leave a comment:

• Krat05
    replied
    Chapter 3
    Werewolf
    • A Begotten who got infected by a Beshilu looking to make itself a hybrid. The resulting creature is a monster resembling a cross between an oversized, humanoid rat & whatever the Begotten's Horror was. It has become possessed by the idea of fear as a disease & intends to make this "fear plague". It also likes teaching "lessons", but only ones that make sense to its warped mind.
    • The Leopard/Tiger Host (information on this can be found on the thread "Possible Host Concepts?").
    • A Geryo.
    • A vicious anshega who has learnt how to draw upon the Primordial Dream for power.
    • A Leopard Man loyal to the Insatiable-Blooded Insatiable.
    • A small-town werewolf belonging to the Lodge of the Screaming Moon.

Leave a comment:

• Krat05
    replied
    Chapter 3
    Vampire
    • A vampire Bloodline born from the worship of the Dark Mother.
    • A Nosferatu whose use of Nightmare (as a result of a taste for Begotten blood) has warped to create physical manifestations of people's fears.
    • A Bloodline connected to the Circle of the Crone that has developed a Discipline to manipulate the Primordial Dream.

Leave a comment:

• Krat05
    replied
    Chapter 3
    Mummy
    • A mummy that believes that they should resurrect the Nameless Empire, & that the secrets to do so lie within the Primordial Dream.
    • A memory of the Nameless Empire that tears through the Astral Realms, dipping in & out of the Primordial Dream in its travels.
    • A Judge that hides in the Primordial Dream from some ancient foe. How the Judge got into the Dream in the first place is a mystery, but the Dark Mother isn't throwing it out.

Leave a comment:

• Krat05
    replied
    Chapter 3
    Mage
    • A Horror that was given birth, not by the Dark Mother & the Primordial Dream, but by the Abyss.
    • A mage Legacy that was founded on controlling the Primordial Dream.
    • One of the Fangs of Mara, who knows of the Primordial Dream.

Leave a comment:

• Krat05
    replied
    Chapter 3
    Changeling
    • An Autumn Court changeling.
    • An oneiromantic changeling that has started dipping into the Primordial Dream & not the Skein (changeling dreamscape).
    • A hobgoblin who goes out of its way to be the perfect friend to broods of Begotten. When they are offered kinship bonds/to join the brood accepts, & then starts poisoning the broods against themselves.
    • A True Fae that has, somehow, managed to make connections between its domain & the Primordial Dream. The changelings that escape from it are all bound to the Primordial Dream.
    • A member of the Scarecrow Ministry who feels that they must outdo all the Begotten in the area, & become the Apex.

Leave a comment:

• Krat05
    replied
    So far, everything above is:
    A) Official material.
    B) Can be found somewhere on this site.
    C) Is of my own invention.
    Felt like I needed to establish that.

Groups that I have not covered so far in this Chapter are: Hero-Blooded; Llannerch Athrawon; Navio de Tolos; Nightmare Network; the Reckoning; Yam VeNahar Factories; Yuri's Group
    Last edited by Krat05; 10-25-2020, 07:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Krat05
    replied
    Chapter 2
    Others
    • A Dark Lord.
    • Formidolosii.
    • The Primordial Mutation.
    • Primordial Sorcerer (Dark Sage, Primeval Necromancer, Primeval Shaman, Speaker of Curses, etc.).
    • Primordial Witch.
    • Terror Carriers.
    • A psychic(?) of awesome might. They drag masses of people into the Primordial Dream every time they go to sleep.

Leave a comment:

• Krat05
    replied
    Chapter 2
    Non-Humans
    • A caliban.
    • Flora/fauna that has been touched by the Primordial Dream, going through a sort of mini-Devouring of their own.
    • The ghost of a human that has become a Begotten.

Leave a comment:

• Krat05
    replied
    Chapter 2
    Hunters
    • An experienced Knight of the Bloody Chalice.
    • A newly recruited Knight of the Bloody Chalice.
    • The current King of the Bloody Chalice (who I imagine as a woman).
    • An Insatiable-Blooded that is of the modern American faction.
    • An Insatiable-Blooded that is of the traditional African faction.
    • A member of the Merrick Institute who is suffering from a severe psychotic break.
    • A member of the Burya Storozh who is also in the Russian Mafiya.
    • A member of the Cheiron Group whose newest implant enables them to enter the Primordial Dream & physically extract stuff.
    • A member of Malleus Maleficarum who means to exorcise the demons known as Begotten.
    Last edited by Krat05; 07-28-2020, 05:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Krat05
    replied
    To my knowledge, everything from the previous two posts is either my own creation, or comes from the thread "Nightmares & Dreamscapes: Incursions from the Primordial Dream".
    I apologize if I am incorrect in this regard.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X