Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Magnus Archives (spoilers)

Hi guys.

I'll just start by saying, I'm not the biggest fan of Beast. I think there's potential there, but for me, it needs more work to really shine. As have some of the other CofD lines, looking at the incredible 2es we've gotten (looking at you Geist).

However, considering the controversy, I'm not sure how likely we are to get a second run at this line (interested in seeing what others think on that).

Anyhow, I was catching up on Magnus Archives today and some of the most recent episodes, it clicked with me.

SPOILERS FOR S4 MAGNUS ARCHIVES

So, we have groups of people who are avatars of terror/fear/powers, who started off human, but slowly lost their humanity while gaining special abilities. But now, they need to feed (Statement Begins). Sound familiar?

For me, this really hits well as a good understanding of how beast works, and what kind of balance they play. Remaining human while balancing the hunger. Be interested in other people's thoughts, or if I'm way out there on my own.

Personally I'm not a fan of the entirely dreamland aspects of beast, or the fact all monsters like them etc. Not sure how you'd redo heroes either.

I realise as I'm typing I'm mostly thinking out loud now. Anyhow, interested in people's thoughts, and I'll delete this if it's of no merit.

Originally posted by baileyborough View Post
    Personally I'm not a fan of the entirely dreamland aspects of beast,
    "The entirely dreamland aspects of Beast" are the fact that their monstrous elements come from a psychic landscape of pure idea. Despite being the Astral shamanoid splat, many Beasts have no direct engagement with the rest of the Astral outside of their Lairs and hives, barring interactions with kin pulling them further afield.

or the fact all monsters like them etc.
    Being able to be especially persuasive to monsters as long as you haven't done anything to lose their trust is not "all monsters like them."

Not sure how you'd redo heroes either.
    The fact that Heroes are almost completely orthogonal to the Begotten's own experience is kind of the point — they're human folklore imposing itself on them through the Temenos in a way that variously ignores or denies their actual history as people.

Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Thanks for the input, you make some really good clarifications. I don't think I'm explaining myself well enough tbh.

How do I delete my first post?

Comment

Thanks for the input, you make some really good clarifications. I don't think I'm explaining myself well enough tbh.

Don’t delete your post that isn’t necessary. Your allowed to have opinions. Eventually they may return and do more Beast, but probably not soon.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Just clarify what you mean, you don't need to delete the start of it. If it came off extremely different from what you'd intended you can just edit the starting post. Though there's no issue with just clarifying what you meant and such.

From what I'm gathering it seems like you're more interested in the Life v Legend play that doesn't see as much disccussion for Beast then just the feeding aspects?

Comment

Working...
          X