No announcement yet.

Harmony from the Din-Lair, Goetic Metaphysics, and Categorical Imperatives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: If Lore is a part of the Primordial Dream, relating to the context behind how mortals view the monster (Legend) or person (Life) responsible for it's creation, then would it be exclusive to the Begotten?

I.E. If a Begotten lives in a city where an elder vampire has been prince since the city's founding, could they find Lore within the Primordial Dream and physical world relating to said elder vampire? Even though it would have no tangible meaning to the vampire in question? And, if so, could a Beast learn from that Lore to try and gain Wisdom on how to grow their own Lair despite the Lore relating specifically to a non-Beast?

Comment

I'd argue it is exclusive to the Begotten due to how they manifest the Astral in the Physical. It wouldn't be that the elder vampire doesn't have a "Lore effect" in the Dreaming, but it doesn't touch the material unless it is incorporated into one of the Begotten, which makes it less 'elder vampire' flavoured and more 'the relationship between an elder vampire and a Begotten' flavour.
      So yes?

Not that this has been written up yet, in any way. I think the concept is more fluid at the moment so details are subject to change based on debate.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by Dusksage View Post
        Question: If Lore is a part of the Primordial Dream, relating to the context behind how mortals view the monster (Legend) or person (Life) responsible for it's creation, then would it be exclusive to the Begotten?

I.E. If a Begotten lives in a city where an elder vampire has been prince since the city's founding, could they find Lore within the Primordial Dream and physical world relating to said elder vampire? Even though it would have no tangible meaning to the vampire in question? And, if so, could a Beast learn from that Lore to try and gain Wisdom on how to grow their own Lair despite the Lore relating specifically to a non-Beast?
        If Lore is something not streaming off of a Beast like the wake off the fin of a shark, it's not inconceivable that Lore could develop from others-but they would have to be stupidly visible. Beast's can generate (and possibly eat it, if we assume it isn't self-generated) Lore because of their direct and particular association with the Astral. Other monsters would need a similar direct connection with it or would basically need to bounce the trampoline of collective humanity in the Hive for it to manifest for them, which tends to flirt with their various Masquerades.
        Last edited by ArcaneArts; 05-20-2020, 12:46 PM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Oh, summoning spell! Sorry, I did not properly check the forum in a while.

Currently on my phone, but I'll write a proper reply as soon as I can.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

Originally posted by Cinder View Post
            Oh, summoning spell! Sorry, I did not properly check the forum in a while.

Currently on my phone, but I'll write a proper reply as soon as I can.
            No worries-it's basically following on a train of thought from one of our other conversations.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
            Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Working...
            X