Dream world + Lair + ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fablyrr
    started a topic Dream world + Lair + ...

Dream world + Lair + ...

Hello,
    it's not very clear for me (I'm french), so just to know, the easy questioon is :

- The lair, do a Beast need a physical spot in real world to enter in it ?

And, the hard questions :

- I do not find in the book a real chapter about the Dream World. If I m right, Beast enter in this part of spirit world when they enter in their lair. They can to go out from other gate in reality if they have a Chamber out, right ?

- Is there a map of dream world anywhere ? and some info about this spirit world ?

Thanx

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by fablyrr View Post
    So I read again the Pathway.
    So if a Beast want to go in her Lair, she must pass by a Chamber, exact ?
    And that cChambers are connected to real world ?
    Aside from your Lair's Heart, every Chamber most directly connects (or once connected) to a place outside the Primordial Dream; these places are the easiest to open a Primordial Pathway from for a number of reasons, not least of which being that they directly offer a bonus to the roll where most non-Astral worlds impose a penalty.

To "enter" your Lair and stay there, you need to leave the area while the Chamber is overlapped with the world outside your Lair; since even a starting Beast has the capacity to maintain two Chambers besides their Heart, this usually means the space you're entering from is effectively the front yard of the house that is your Lair. You might cross all the way to your other Chamber or you might instead loiter in the connecting Burrow until the Chamber is no longer acting as an exit to the outside world, but in either case, using a Pathway for more than access to your Horror's stats involves moving deeper into the Lair through its own connections.

Leave a comment:

• fablyrr
    replied
    thank you.
    So I read again the Pathway.
    So if a Beast want to go in her Lair, she must pass by a Chamber, exact ?
    And that cChambers are connected to real world ?
    Sorry, just to be sure.

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    The Beast overlaps a Chamber of their Lair with a place like it that is not their Lair; this is what the book means when it refers to opening a Primordial Pathway.

The Primordial Dream is mostly the same as the physical world; Chambers cast their locations in particular forms of danger and link to other Chambers if they're part of a Lair or hive, but otherwise it's an emptier, more fragile version of the waking world.

More information on the Primordial Dream can be found in the Beast Player's Guide, with other discussion included in Building A Legend.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X