X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penelope
    replied
    Originally posted by Satchel View Post
    Slashers are specifically listed in the "Fundamentally Human" classification alongside mages, psychics, mediums, and ghosts. Chapter Five's section on Hunters further notes:
    Thanks. That answers the question, at least from an official perspective. I also totally agree with it. I think Slashers should be considered Kin, as should Hunters like the Lucifuge whose powers are derived from their bloodline (hence the idea of Kinship being a literal familial relationship).

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    I would reverse question - Can Begottenhave Kinship with Slashers? Slashers are the most inhuman hunters, having their own Code that lead them to killing people. If Slashers are treated as Kin, then you have your answer.
    Slashers are specifically listed in the "Fundamentally Human" classification alongside mages, psychics, mediums, and ghosts. Chapter Five's section on Hunters further notes:

But where vampires and witches and their ilk share a common descent from the Dark Mother, hunters are by and large pure human. Even hunters with surgical augmentation, such as the Cheiron Group's Thaumatechnology, or induced psychic phenomena, like VASCU's telepathic agents, aren't inherently monstrous enough to count as anything but human. That largely bars them from forming Kinship bonds and fully joining a Brood — at least without drastic actions. Beasts tell stories of dream-quests and sacred hunts deep into the Primordial Dream that awaken just enough of a human's Bestial aspect to become Kin to Beasts. Hunters with Endowments stemming from their bloodline, like the Lucifuge, can form Kinship bonds without the ordeal — and more disturbingly, so can slashers, even if they were born as bog-standard normal humans.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    I would say no because I interpret Kinship literally: creatures that are either literally descended from the Dark Mother or that she claims are descended from her. Hunters are created specifically to destroy her other children, so it’s unlikely she would see them as her Kin any more than the Unchained are.

OTOH, it is a really interesting idea from a gaming perspective. It’s possible that as with the Uratha, I’m taking the idea of Kinship too literally by requiring a biological parent-child relationship between a creature type and the Dark Mother.

Sorry. I’m kind of rambling here. If you think making certain hunters Kin is good from a gaming perspective, go for it, but I think the answer is no. Not every CoD creature is Kin, and hunters (like demons) are not no matter how monstrous.

wyrdhamster Slashers, maybe. I haven’t read H:tV 2e, so idk anything about the origin of Slashers.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    I would reverse question - Can Begottenhave Kinship with Slashers? Slashers are the most inhuman hunters, having their own Code that lead them to killing people. If Slashers are treated as Kin, then you have your answer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X