Doctor Sleep is a Beast's story? [Doctor Sleep Spoilers]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Sleep is a Beast's story? [Doctor Sleep Spoilers]

So I just watched Doctor Sleep. Very nice follow up for The Shinning, I must say. However, one scene in particular got me thinking about Beast: The Primordial. In the climax of the battle with the antagonist, Danny mentions how the things inside his mind boxes "have been in there for a long time, and they're hungry".

Could that feeling and scenery be applied to a beast? I mean, Danny even has the Hotel Overlook as a lair, and all its horrors as a Beast's horror.

Originally posted by TJMike View Post
    So I just watched Doctor Sleep. Very nice follow up for The Shinning, I must say. However, one scene in particular got me thinking about Beast: The Primordial. In the climax of the battle with the antagonist, Danny mentions how the things inside his mind boxes "have been in there for a long time, and they're hungry".

Could that feeling and scenery be applied to a beast? I mean, Danny even has the Hotel Overlook as a lair, and all its horrors as a Beast's horror.
    Possibly. I mean, speaking as a book fan, Danny is primarily motivated by protecting Abra, which is nice and familial. Hell, the True Knot are perfect examples of Beasts who simply don't care about making their hunger mean something; they just want to live forever and look down on everyone not them.

Comment

Working...
    X