Beast: The Primordial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beast: The Primordial

User Dusksage has provided a link for the panel where they talk about it.

http://geeksoutafterdark.com/?p=555

Around 36 minutes in is relevant information for BtP

nWoD Fera or something a little more aberrant?
    Last edited by Egg; 08-20-2014, 08:35 AM.

!

To quote Dave Brookshaw, and possibly the description of the book, "Within every one of us lies the potential of the Beast. Unleash savage powers, answer the call to your Lair, and become the thing that Heroes fear. Onyx Path's new nWoD game line for 2015. 320 pages. PDF/PoD/Prestige Edition."

Sounds like we'll get more answers at the nWoD talk tomorrow.

Comment

Where's the fun in waiting for answers when we can jump to insane conclusions with near baseless speculation

!

Comment

I'm imagining a sort of Jekyll + Hyde/Dragon/Incredible Hulk dealio.

Ideally there'll be some options for being a ravening monster and not five ways to be a monster who's sad about being a monster.

Comment

First time I read your post I was read that as Jekyll+Hulk Hogan

I was banking on Creature of the Black Lagoon for the new line myself, but it'll be interesting to see how they take "Beast". It's pretty general. Maybe something like Demon where everyone just customizes their Beast

!

Comment

It looks to be something with some versatility. I could see a creature of the black lagoon monster from what little we've seen, snatching people off the beach and taking them back to their lairs.

Comment

Clearly it's Grendel: The Mommy Issues.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
              On the Chronicles of Darkness Slack Team. PM me for invitation
              Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings

Comment

If I had to guess from the quoted description, I'd hazard aesthetics dancing between dragons, swamp things and cthulhus, with themes taking from ogres, Grendel, Leatherface and C.H.U.D.s. But there is a lot yet unrevealed and it's very early to make too many guesses.

Could be interesting! Definitely an appropriate direction to move in compared to Descent's relative departure from traditional archetypes.

Too early to spoil who pitched Beast? Is the picture in the OP from the panel reveal or just an image you felt was appropriate to the topic at hand?

Comment

Image in OP is from a Blizzard game, came up when I googled "Old God"

!

Comment

Whaaa! So hyped. This is exactly what I was hoping for.

Onyx Path Moderator
                    Mod Voice is RED*
                    *All other colors should be read aloud in the voice of Don Knotts.
                    Hacks and House Rules Hub Thread

CofD Hacks By Splat: Vampire | Werewolf | Mage | Mummy | Demon

Comment

Is it actually called Beast: The Primordial? Or is that just speculation from the description?

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
                      On the Chronicles of Darkness Slack Team. PM me for invitation
                      Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings

Comment

It's called that, unless Something Awful is trolling.
                        I think Eddy Webb pitched the product.

Comment

I'm reminded of Ars Magica "Bjornær" and the "heart beast." And taking the idea further to eventually include magical creatures perhaps?
                          I imagine that there will be ideas that encapsulate the idea of the hunt (predator/prey relationship) and parasites and other critters that don't fit in the grand circle (various ecologies in different environments including alien ones).

Comment

I have this bizarre (but awesome) mashup of Harry and the Hendersons (Dear, 1987) and Troll Hunter (Øvredal, 2010) floating in my head.

This is what happens when an Abyssal Exalted ends up in H.o.L.
                            (Also known as "Derpwraith" and "PretentiousFontsGuy
                            ").

Comment

All I know is the fact I want to play a Kraken... now I can see a scene with a party of these things in a diner.

Comment

Working...
                              X