No announcement yet.

Beast: The Primordial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fingers crossed for an official take on Leviathan/Outsider.

Call me Remi. Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

I'm hoping the subversive element is that, as the monster, you essentially play an antagonist, while the ST runs 'heroes.'

Comment

Along the lines of HP Lovecraft designing Dungeon Keeper?

This is what happens when an Abyssal Exalted ends up in H.o.L.
        (Also known as "Derpwraith" and "PretentiousFontsGuy
        ").

Comment

I'm certainly interested.

Comment

Yeah.

Thing is, while there's a lot of opportunity to really do what you want in World of Darkness, often the game places you in a reactionary position. The Prince does this, you react. There's a big bad in town, you react. I'm a storyteller more than a player, and when I play there's all manner of things I'd like to do, but it would be difficult to get into without derailing the story. So I've been thinking for a while it would be a nice to have a game where the players were, essentially, the movers and shakers. My original idea for it was organizations, from cults to neighborhood watches (though at higher tiers you'd be conspiracies and religions and militias) and you have a goal, involving changing something in the world. It would be the storyteller's duty to set up reasonable and challenging obstacles.

Comment

[Couldn't help myself....]

This is what happens when an Abyssal Exalted ends up in H.o.L.
              (Also known as "Derpwraith" and "PretentiousFontsGuy
              ").

Comment

Wait, wait, wait.

Sources?

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                  Fingers crossed for an official take on Leviathan/Outsider.
                  Based on the tiny blurb it seems more like playing the dragon or Gendel that the knight / Beowulf fights.

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
                  My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
                  Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

Originally posted by The Kings Raven View Post
                    Based on the tiny blurb it seems more like playing the dragon or Gendel that the knight / Beowulf fights.
                    Boy I hope so. A line that really embraces WoDs 'you are the monster' niche would be stellar.

Onyx Path Moderator
                    Mod Voice is RED*
                    *All other colors should be read aloud in the voice of Don Knotts.
                    Hacks and House Rules Hub Thread

CofD Hacks By Splat: Vampire | Werewolf | Mage | Mummy | Demon

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                      Wait, wait, wait.

Sources?

Dave Brookshaw posted on another site, "But yeah - Firestorm Chronicle, Huntsmen Chronicle and Beast: The Primordial are in the release schedule on the fliers we've been handing out.

"Within every one of us lies the potential of the Beast. Unleash savage powers, answer the call to your Lair, and become the thing that Heroes fear. Onyx Path's new nWoD game line for 2015. 320 pages. PDF/PoD/Prestige Edition.""

Firestorm is Promethean, Huntsmen is Changeling. We'll get more spoilers after the nWoD talk, I think tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kings Raven View Post
                        Hush. Let me remain deluded and thinks that "Heroes" is their official word for Ahabs.

Call me Remi. Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                          Firestorm is Promethean, Huntsmen is Changeling. We'll get more spoilers after the nWoD talk, I think tomorrow.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
                          >Huntsmen is Changeling
                          >Huntsmen
                          >Changeling

Excuse me, I have to go lie down.

/me has gained the Swooned condition

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
                          Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
                          He/him pronouns, please

Comment

Yeah I thought it was Hunter at first but he clarified, 2015 is the year of Promethean and Changeling.

I imagine (purely based on the name) they're going to emphasize things like privateers and loyalists, amp up the riskiness of being a changeling, since it was something people often glossed over. Plus, you know, rules fixes.
                            I'm hoping they keep the concept of Promethean tight while making it more inviting.

Comment

I'm astounded people would be surprised Promethean and Changeling are next on the Chronicle front. Seriously, what did you people think was going to happen?

I still have not gotten what I asked for, so let me be even more blunt: Can someone give me a link to where Dave said this?

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                              Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                                I'm astounded people would be surprised Promethean and Changeling are next on the Chronicle front. Seriously, what did you people think was going to happen?
                                I'm less surprised than I am...relieved? I guess I was just never sure if they would make Chronicle books until after more sales numbers had come back.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
                                Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
                                He/him pronouns, please

Comment

Working...
                                X