Bestial Creations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
    Probably due to the God Machine not being created by the Dark Mother. The God Machine created Angels, and Demons are created from fallen Angels, which means none of them are related to Beasts.

As for a technological themed fear, I'm having trouble coming up with ideas that don't seem ridiculous.

Actually, I believe Godzilla would be an excellent way to interpret this. Godzilla was an allegory for the consequences of nuclear war. He was an enemy that could not be stopped with brute force, and he was so deadly that even his mere footsteps poisoned his environment. Godzilla may not look like a bomb with legs, but from a Beast interpretation, he would be perfect representation of a fear of nuclear weapons.
    Absolutely! The Big G is an excellent example of technological fear. Still doesn't mean that someone can't do a Beast with a technological appearance if they want to

Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), The Hedge (OPP)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

Thinking more about my Zelda brainwave. Deadhand from the Bottom of the Well creeped me right out as a child. It would most likely be Namtaru since it's a revolting, bloated, many-armed corpse-thing, though I could see an argument for Makara as well, since it lies within hidden depths (plus, grappling). It has a Hunger for Prey, I suppose, luring in Heroes with the promise of treasure. Lair Traits might include Mirages, Toxic, Engulfing, Maze, and Poor Light.

Incidentally, I wish there were a Merit that let you pick up more Lair Traits, maybe something similar to Terrible Form form Demon.

Comment

If you can explain to me how it would be scary in a nightmare then I think it is okay. If it is a car then it should look a certain way. I can see how a black car with darkly tinted windows that appears to be perpetually in shadow no matter how much light there is around could work. Basically, I would want to know if it was a scary car. I would be careful that you stay away from objects that are not motive unless you work out a way from the dream object to move. It doesn't need to be realistic. I wouldn't expect the "car" to use gas or necessarily have an engine. It has wheels so it can move around.

Comment

Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post
          Thinking more about my Zelda brainwave. Deadhand from the Bottom of the Well creeped me right out as a child. It would most likely be Namtaru since it's a revolting, bloated, many-armed corpse-thing, though I could see an argument for Makara as well, since it lies within hidden depths (plus, grappling). It has a Hunger for Prey, I suppose, luring in Heroes with the promise of treasure. Lair Traits might include Mirages, Toxic, Engulfing, Maze, and Poor Light.

Incidentally, I wish there were a Merit that let you pick up more Lair Traits, maybe something similar to Terrible Form form Demon.

Meh, I didn't even notice what it was supposed to be until i was much older. I also notice Dead Hand has hooks for arms and attacks by lunging for your face / throat with its bite. Personally, I thought the Wallmasters were the more disturbing. You have to be constantly on the move or they drag you back to the start. No time to pause and catch your breath!

Last edited by Nyrufa; 06-15-2015, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Oh, yes, just seeing the Wallmaster's shadow was extremely stressful. Knowing they were in a dungeon meant feeling like you could never stand still and get your bearings for long.

I also recall Gyorg from Majora's Mask frightening me when I was young.

Comment

Then, of course, you have the Gibdo professor. Man studies mummies for so long, he believes he is one, prompting his daughter who's like 4 years old to lock him in a padded cell and take care of him. And its suggested that he has a habit of doing this on past research projects.

Majora's mask was pretty fucked up!
              Last edited by Nyrufa; 06-16-2015, 03:52 AM.

Comment

I'm really thinking of doing a dragon with a castle-themed Lair. Honestly, exploring and expanding the Lair are the biggest things I want to explore in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
                  Actually, I believe Godzilla would be an excellent way to interpret this. Godzilla was an allegory for the consequences of nuclear war. He was an enemy that could not be stopped with brute force, and he was so deadly that even his mere footsteps poisoned his environment. Godzilla may not look like a bomb with legs, but from a Beast interpretation, he would be perfect representation of a fear of nuclear weapons.
                  Definitely. A massive, primordial creature so deadly that its very footsteps poisoned the land, who's mere prescence could cause even the mightiest warrior to sicken and die, and which could not be beaten back by even the mightiest of armies. Such a creature would be utterly terrifying to face down.

Comment

Originally posted by TerrorCooper View Post

Definitely. A massive, primordial creature so deadly that its very footsteps poisoned the land, who's mere prescence could cause even the mightiest warrior to sicken and die, and which could not be beaten back by even the mightiest of armies. Such a creature would be utterly terrifying to face down.
                    And probably a great if extremely OP example of an Incarnate Beast (only seen in his Horror form of course)

Comment

Working...
                    X