X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArchonAres
    replied
    Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
    Any chance we can get all the finished Nightmares compiled into one post (or a link to a Document)?

Fear Is Contagious allows for Nightmares to spread. Was there one that allowed you to "trap" an item or area with a Nightmare?
    I believe there was something called the walls have eyes that let you use a room.

Leave a comment:

• ajf115
    replied
    Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
    Fear Is Contagious allows for Nightmares to spread. Was there one that allowed you to "trap" an item or area with a Nightmare?
    I always thought that that should have been the effect for Cursed Item.

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    Any chance we can get all the finished Nightmares compiled into one post (or a link to a Document)?

Leave a comment:

• Nyrufa
    replied
    Originally posted by Satchel View Post
    Please read the corebook's sample Kinship Nightmares again.

Oh!

Well, alright then!

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
    I feel like a good nightmare for a Collector to have might be called "You Can't Take It With You" and would revolve around goading victims into relinquishing their material possessions.
    Please read the corebook's sample Kinship Nightmares again.

Leave a comment:

• ajf115
    replied
    Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
    I feel like a good nightmare for a Collector to have might be called "You Can't Take It With You" and would revolve around goading victims into relinquishing their material possessions.
    We already have that one - it's a Geist Kinship nightmare.

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    Perhaps too good. Makes their Hunger too easy to fulfill.

Leave a comment:

• Nyrufa
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    Originally posted by Urbenmyth View Post
    You Are Feared (Common)
    Look at you. Beaten down, cowering, fleeing from monsters on all sides. Don't you wish you knew what it was like to be the powerful one, to be the terrible thing that the weak quiver and weep at the sight of?
    Here. Let it never be said monsters cannot be kind.

Roll- As base nightmare (see below)

Normal Effect- The beast uses another nightmare on the target, with a -2 penalty. If it succeeds, the "victim" gains the ability to use that nightmare for the rest of the scene.The victim can only use the normal effect, and must pay either a willpower point or 2 supernatural fuel points to use the nightmare. Beyond their store of these resources, there is no limit to how often they can use it. The manifestation of the nightmare remain the same as the original beast's, but the beast has no control over how the victim uses their new power, and cannot remove it prematurely.
    This nightmare cannot be used on another beast

High Satiety- The victim uses the nightmare as if at high satiety (this effect remains even if the beast drops in satiety before the nightmare runs out)

Satiety Expenditure- The victim can spend double (i.e. two willpower or 4 supernatural fuel points) to use the nightmare's satiety expenditure effect.

Exceptional Success- The beast is immune to the victim's nightmare, and can make a contested resolve+supernatural resistance to preemptively remove the power if they wish.
    This could sort of work, though they would have to do it to themselves

This doesn't say if the "victim" rolls for it or what, but i want to say it would be cool if they rolled the Beast's standard pool as it was when the Nightmare was activated. I might also extend it until sundown or sunrise, whichever comes first.
    Last edited by Master Aquatosic; 05-21-2018, 07:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Wormwood
    replied
    Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

Isn't that what Fear is Contagious does already?
    Technically yes, but the Victim suffers the Nightmare, too. I was thinking of a 'Marked as an Outcast' Kind of thing. Weirdness Magnet - shit happens to people when they are around, but they are not affected themselves

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    Hmm. Now I'm not sure how appropriate it is for this Nightmare. I could be convinced though

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
    also, where would i find the effects of the Thrall condition? Please tell me it's not in Mage 2e? I don't want to buy more books.
    Looks like? It shouldn't be, since Soullessness is pretty common/core.

Summary of the effects: No Willpower spending, no Defense, can't spend XP (negligible for a single scene), Broken Condition.

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    Originally posted by Wormwood View Post
    We got delayed, contagious, and repeating nightmare modifiers. We got blood as a carrier, and planting them in a room beforehand. I don't see why there shouldnt be a way to cast a nightmare 'through' someone else.
    would help loads in isolating that person socially.
    Isn't that what Fear is Contagious does already?

Leave a comment:

• Wormwood
    replied
    We got delayed, contagious, and repeating nightmare modifiers. We got blood as a carrier, and planting them in a room beforehand. I don't see why there shouldnt be a way to cast a nightmare 'through' someone else.
    would help loads in isolating that person socially.

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
    No One Walks Here (hunters in darkness) - imbues a location with a fearsome aura that creates rumors guaranteeing MOST people won't dare violate your territory.

We could expand this for your idea, Prince of the Night. I gotta be honest though, i can't see Beasts doing this. They're not the type to put up a fence at the cliff edge. They teach through direct experience. In the fence at the cliff edge example, they'll be like Canadians, who instead put up a sign listing how many people died falling off that cliff in the last couple of years and let you decide if the thrill is worth it.
    Last edited by Master Aquatosic; 05-20-2018, 03:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X