This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beast : What's your nightmare ?

So, with Beast we can play the game of "which monster are you ?" easily : just analyse your dreams and nightmares to find which Beast you could have become.

Personnaly, I think I could be an Eshmaki. It's not my favorite family, if I could choose I would definitily go for Makara : I love all the stuff water-related, swimming in pool, sea, river or the like. But I never dreamed of drowning, water doesn't scare me a bit. For the others, I dreamed occasionnaly of being hunt by something and couldn't run anymore (Anakim), or realized suddenly I was naked in the street (Ugalu). But that wasn't the worst nightmares ever.

Besides, I was always afraid of the monster under my bed. Or the monster under the stairs. Heck, the bogeyman under my bed that I saw in my dreams even has a name : Monsieur Ouest (Mister West in french, don't ask why ><). Being alone at home was my biggest fear, and even recently I awoke at night with the certitude of not being alone, and I had to check each doors and windows before going back to bed....

Hence, if the homecoming was a real thing and I could make it, I certainly be an Eshmaki.

And you, what's your worst nightmare ?

I can't really think of my worst nightmare, though I had the recurring naked and teeth falling out ones when I was younger... So I'd be an Ugallu with the latter as a Nightmare if I had to stat myself out.

I'm quite partial to the Eshmaki personally, I like the concept of something lurking in the dark, though I never had a nightmare involving anything like that. I've been on walks in the night and the fear has poked into my mind and also as many a child, I had a fear of the darkness in my bedroom when night came for I couldn't see if anything could come and 'get me', but never in actual sleep. I suppose whilst the Eshmaki cover that element of nightmares, it could make an actual Nightmare for an Ugallu (forgive my slight naivety over the named Nightmares, I've yet to read their full descriptions in the book atm) ^_^;

Comment

well, usually when I have nightmares, it is not about some specific thing- there is just a.. presence. I usually don't see the monster or even the cause of my fear, I just know that it is there, watching, waiting. Something bad is going to happen, but I can't say what. I'm not sure if that is more of an Eshmaki, Anakim or Ugallu- I kinda think it is the first, considering that my big fear is silence, but I'm not sure.

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

I'm not really sure which one I would be. As a kid I had nightmares about everything from killer clown dolls (Eshmaki) strangling me to alien abductions (Don't know what that would be) to bigfeet in the woods behind my house (Anakim (they are the giants, right?). Of course I wasn't really scared of the bigfeet in my dreams, so I guess Eshmaki.

Also, my RL family is prone to prophetic dreams, so I wonder how to that would play into the homecoming, maybe an Eshmaki that represents the fear of the unknowable future?

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Originally posted by The young man in the cafe View Post
          I'm not really sure which one I would be. As a kid I had nightmares about everything from killer clown dolls (Eshmaki) strangling me to alien abductions (Don't know what that would be) to bigfeet in the woods behind my house (Anakim (they are the giants, right?). Of course I wasn't really scared of the bigfeet in my dreams, so I guess Eshmaki.

Also, my RL family is prone to prophetic dreams, so I wonder how to that would play into the homecoming, maybe an Eshmaki that represents the fear of the unknowable future?
          Fear of Fate/Prophecy?

Light and Dark are two Sides of a Coin... Humanity is What Happens when it Lands on it's Edge.

Comment

Originally posted by RickmanUK View Post

Fear of Fate/Prophecy?
            Fear of fate would certainly be a good one for my mom, since she's the doom prophet of the family. Her prophetic dreams always predict bad things. She's predicted everything from a couple plane crashes to a guy she knew dying of a heart attack, to one of her ex-boyfriends dying. The thing is, she predicts these things the night before they happen, so it's often too late for her to stop them by the time she gets ready in the morning. So the fear of fate would be perfect for her.

My estranged/abusive father ,weirdly enough, predicts happy stuff, like the time he saw the lottery numbers in a dream, but being the idiot he is, he didn't write them down and could only remember the first three numbers when he went to buy the ticket. He still won a few hundred dollars, but he would have won the whole thing had he got out of bed and wrote the numbers down instead of trying to wake my mom up to get her to write them down. He might represent the fear of the wicked being rewarded for their evil, if not to himself.

I always felt it was weird that my mother, who is mostly a good person, predicts doom and gloom, while my abusive, bipolar, possible sociopath father predicts happy stuff.

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Makara: I'm not afraid of water or of drowning-hell, I love the water, and the ocean, and pools and lakes and rivers and...-but I'll be damned if there's not a recurring nightmare where I'm out at my family's lake house that I frequented when I was an adolescent, out on the water which is, for some reason, a muddy brown color while something drags my intertube around while I hang on for dear life. The feeling of powerlessness while something huge and beneath the surface tries to fling me off of my tenuous safety tube is chilling, and I always fall off and hit the water. Whereupon I wake up.

So yeah, Makara Tyrant, easy.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
              She/her, contributing writer for Scion: Pride 2021

Comment

My one consistent dream through out life is of falling. Ugallu.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

I have consistent dreams about being forced to watch while others are harmed, and one about flying/falling. So I'm probably Ugallu or maybe Anakim. I think the powerlessness in either prolly makes me a Tyrant too (my kids would say so).

Call Me Ray.

Southern Gothic - Welcome to New Calais

Who Wants to Live Forever – Highlander in the World of Darkness

Comment

I've had several vivid, recurring nightmares over my life, but the most recent one was genuinely quite terrifying in hindsight. It hasn't actually shown again, but it struck me hard.

I'm in the backseat of a car. I don't know who's driving, because I can't see their face - nor can I open the windows or fiddle with the radio that was only giving out static. I arrive at my grandfather's windmill and house in the nearby mountain range, and notice how desolate it is. Everything around looks more than empty; it looks abandoned, haunted and chilly. There's no one I can see, and the only thing I hear is the wind. The sun is hidden behind gloomy clouds. Even the car is empty but for me, I notice. That is when, looking out the window, I see something. There, some distance away, is a thin, tall man. He might have been just a shadowy silhouette. He might have been wearing a suit and a top hat. Maybe it was both. It has a smile from ear to ear, and shaking, bloodshot eyes.

He's found me. I remember panicking, but as I try to leave the car and run, everything is sucked towards it, like drawn by a crushing vortex. And then I was blinded and could feel myself being restrained, and I screamed.

And then I woke up in cold sweat!
                    Last edited by YeOfLittleFaith; 06-05-2015, 03:40 PM.

Comment

@YeOfLittleFaith : so much details, it's horrifying >< sounds like Anakim or Eshmaki

Comment

It might not be the most frightening dream I've had, but the nightmare I get when I'm sick always sticks with me the most. I'm in an unfamiliar place, trying to get somewhere. (Maybe home, maybe just somewhere familiar, I don't really know.) The longer I walk, the more lost I get, and I can never manage to retrace my steps. I'm afraid that I'll never get find my way out, but I can't do anything but keep going forwards.

Certainly sounds like the You Are Lost Nightmare to me. I can't really say what Family it evokes, since there's no actual antagonist to the dream, though I definitely used it as inspiration for that Slenderman Beast I've been making.
                        Especially since I also get this fascination with "the figure standing alone in the dark."

Comment

Reading the Nightmares, I for sure have had the Flying and Falling one... Usually followed by that really horrid feeling of waking up midway and that feeling (I don't know what it's called) when you're falling down the bed? Apparently wikipedia calls it Hypnic jerk... I noticed a few Adult Fears in there, not what I would call Nightmares, but fearful thoughts and ponderings, such as You are Alone and You Deserve This. So perhaps Nightmares can really be made from anything classed as a fear.

I have had one or two You Cannot Run dreams more recently... Thankfully these come to end of my sleep patterns so I don't hold my breath too long... xD

Comment

I have two nightmares that I have had since I was a kid. One is me waking up in my bed with an overwhelming sense of terror, jumping out, and running away. Only to have my ankle grabbed by something and being pulled back under the bed. Even when I had a mattress on the floor shortly after living on my own I had that dream. The worst part is trying to scream for help and no sound coming out. I never dared to look behind me.

The second dream is of "something" in a large wooden chest. The wood was partially rotted and from the holes in it this thing would stare at me and laugh. And then the chest would rock violently as the thing tried to break out.

But the most recent recurring dream is of me pulling me teeth out. So..., yeah.

Comment

As a child the most vivid recurring nightmare I had was of a swamp or marsh with this bleak lake of still water. Everything is in this grainy noir black and white, like an old movie. I'm stuck in the mud, and then I see the thick lake water begin to bulge upward. All I can see of what lay beneath it is a shadow ... and then I snap awake.

Revlid wrote:
                              Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Comment

Working...
                              X