Clear All

• Summer's Son
    Legend: Relentless
    Life: Caring
    Family: Ugallu
    Hunger: Ravager
    Horror: Phoenix
    Lair: Stone Plateau similar to Uluru within a white desert
    Lair Traits: Extreme Heat, Exposed, Blazing Light, Engulfing, Disruption, Blizzard (Sandstorm)
    Atavisms: Storm-Lashed, Dragonfire, Eye of Heaven, Wings of the Raptor, Relentless Hunter, Weakness Exposed
    Nightmares: All your Teeth are Falling out, Your Tools betray you, You are lost, You are better than them

"Sometimes, we are too weak to let go of those things that harm us. But when you have to start over from scratch, it is easy to focus on the things that are truly important. Let me help you see what's truly important."
    The Summer's Son is a Begotten that wants to teach those with too many things going on to refocus. He does so by taking everything away, from their car, to their house, to their friends and job. When they are left with nothing but their body, mind and soul, they are free to reinvent themselves, and grow stronger for it - if they have what it takes.
    He got his name from the fact that he goes on a rampage during the summer, and often slumbers through winter.

Comment

• All Mighty Skalgarox:

"You know, it's probably not a good idea to pick a fight with a being who has aspirations of killing God."

A combination of nihilism, self loathing, and religious indoctrination lead to the creation of the being who now calls itself 'All Mighty Skalgarox.' Like most children in the recent decades, Skalgarox was the subject of too much love and support from those in charge of raising him. He took it to heart when people told him that his life had infinite possibilities ahead of him, or that good things come to those who wait, or that evil always gets its just rewards. In fact, he was so assured that life would turn out well for him, that he started to procrastinate growing up and assuming responsibility for his life. He started living at home with his parents, avoided getting a job because the world was going to end in 2012.

And then reality kicked down his walls of his childhood fantasies, and he was made cruelly aware of how dark and terrible the world truly was. The people who took care of him all these years were reaching the age where the roles started to reverse, his friends had moved on to places unknown and he couldn't remember any of their contact information to keep in touch with them. He never made up his mind about what he wanted to be with his life, and finding a job in today's economy was one of the most degrading experiences of his life. Everything that made him happy was crumbling away, leaving him with nothing but regretful memories and bitter resentment towards life.

Skalgarox did not take this revelation very well, and his mind shattered to a state that could only maintain clarity for fleeting moments at a time before slipping back into blissful denial in an attempt to keep from going completely off the edge. But in those moments, he realized just how deeply he hated everything. Not just bad moments in his life, but literally everything. The entire state of reality itself was revolting to him, and he longed for a way in which to change it to better suit his own perception of how it should be.

Just to clarify, All Mighty Skalgarox is a Talassi Tyrant who seeks to subvert God itself, by obtaining total omnipotence over the universe. But since the very definition of omnipotence is a contradiction of itself, that means his goal is impossible to achieve, thereby leaving Skalgarox with an insatiable appetite for power.

Moment: Void

Hunger: Power

Horror: A roiling mass of amorphous flesh that produces and dissolves body parts at completely random intervals. It's outer skin has the same blackness of concentrated dark matter, while it's inner flesh sparkles with the light of an miniature galaxy. It has no discernible gender and seems to flow between male and female appendages with no rhyme or reason for any of it.

Life: Honest

Legend: Vicious

Notes: All Mighty Skalgarox is obsessed with obtaining additional power, no matter what form it happens to take. Those wishing to garner his support may be able to bribe him with rewards that appeal to this obsession.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
        All Mighty Skalgarox:

"You know, it's probably not a good idea to pick a fight with a being who has aspirations of killing God."

A combination of nihilism, self loathing, and religious indoctrination lead to the creation of the being who now calls itself 'All Mighty Skalgarox.' Like most children in the recent decades, Skalgarox was the subject of too much love and support from those in charge of raising him. He took it to heart when people told him that his life had infinite possibilities ahead of him, or that good things come to those who wait, or that evil always gets its just rewards. In fact, he was so assured that life would turn out well for him, that he started to procrastinate growing up and assuming responsibility for his life. He started living at home with his parents, avoided getting a job because the world was going to end in 2012.

And then reality kicked down his walls of his childhood fantasies, and he was made cruelly aware of how dark and terrible the world truly was. The people who took care of him all these years were reaching the age where the roles started to reverse, his friends had moved on to places unknown and he couldn't remember any of their contact information to keep in touch with them. He never made up his mind about what he wanted to be with his life, and finding a job in today's economy was one of the most degrading experiences of his life. Everything that made him happy was crumbling away, leaving him with nothing but regretful memories and bitter resentment towards life.

Skalgarox did not take this revelation very well, and his mind shattered to a state that could only maintain clarity for fleeting moments at a time before slipping back into blissful denial in an attempt to keep from going completely off the edge. But in those moments, he realized just how deeply he hated everything. Not just bad moments in his life, but literally everything. The entire state of reality itself was revolting to him, and he longed for a way in which to change it to better suit his own perception of how it should be.

Just to clarify, All Mighty Skalgarox is a Talassi Tyrant who seeks to subvert God itself, by obtaining total omnipotence over the universe. But since the very definition of omnipotence is a contradiction of itself, that means his goal is impossible to achieve, thereby leaving Skalgarox with an insatiable appetite for power.

Moment: Void

Hunger: Power

Horror: A roiling mass of amorphous flesh that produces and dissolves body parts at completely random intervals. It's outer skin has the same blackness of concentrated dark matter, while it's inner flesh sparkles with the light of an miniature galaxy. It has no discernible gender and seems to flow between male and female appendages with no rhyme or reason for any of it.

Life: Honest

Notes: All Mighty Skalgarox is obsessed with obtaining additional power, no matter what form it happens to take. Those wishing to garner his support may be able to bribe him with rewards that appeal to this obsession.
        You know, he sounds like he'd be a good Insatiable. Void, I'd guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wormwood View Post

You know, he sounds like he'd be a good Insatiable. Void, I'd guess.

That's kind of what I made him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

That's kind of what I made him.
            Darn, my eyes or mind failed me there, I read 'ANAKIM' >.<
            Well, hey, at least now you know the write-up and classification totally add up ^^""""

Comment

• Why did you call him a Talasii Tyrant then?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                Why did you call him a Talasii Tyrant then?

As I lack the player's guide, I grabbed information about the Insatiable from the wiki.

In addition to listing what "moment" they represent, it also describes them based on Family and Hunger, so I thought that was normal.

But if you're asking about why he's a Talassi specifically, I envisioned his prison as being the universe itself. His horror could even be described as a sentient universe, consisting of a black, shapeless void, with a galaxy contained inside of it.

Comment

• The Windego:

An air of mystery surrounds the monster known simply as The Windego. It is so ancient, that even the Begotten aren't sure whether the creature is somehow immortal, or if there have been multiple individuals who don the mantle of The Windego throughout the generations. Whatever the case may be, the origin of this particular monster is a fairly well known story. It was once a human who indulged in the taboo of cannibalism, inviting a cursed spirit to possess their body forever more.

For the sin of eating its own kind, The Windego is cursed with an insatiable appetite for human flesh. No matter how many people they consume, they always feel ravenous, which has driven The Windego quite mad with hunger. They will attack humans on sight, often devouring them alive if they don't succumb to their injuries first. Thankfully, cannibalism is extremely rare, and those who do participate in it usually have little choice in the matter. The most traditional explanation is that they were starving and desperate while traveling through harsh, arctic environments.

Schisms produced by The Windego cause those affected to develop a fear of starving to death. They may begin to stock pile as much food as they can get their hands on, and will defend it to the death if anybody tries to take it away from them. As food supplies begin to diminish, their hunger takes a darker aspect, turning their attention towards other people. First starting with their enemies, and gradually advancing towards their friends and family. By the time the Schism has fully taken hold, their victims are slaughtering each other in a desperate attempt to feed themselves for another day.

Moment: Frozen Hell

Hunger: Prey

Horror: An enormous, anthropomorphic stag that towers at a height of nearly 12 feet tall. It's body is hideously emaciated and appears as though it has not eaten anything in months. Yet, despite its malnourished condition, it appears to have little trouble remaining physically active. Unlike most deer, it has no fur, instead displaying skin that is as pale and white as the snow itself. It's hand-like appendages end in wicked, black claws that can cleave through flesh like a butcher's tools. It's voice carries the horrific tone of a deer's cry, which is sure to deeply unnerve anyone close enough to hear it.

Life: Shy

Note: Scream of the Windego
                  Last edited by Nyrufa; 09-21-2018, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• Is that a valid spelling? For some reason I'm thinking they are from Minnesota.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• It's an Algonquian word so spelling can vary. Most common are wendigo and windigo. Minnesota is just a small part of the region where the original folklore was spread. (I say original because, to my knowledge, the whole stag imagery in Nyrufa's example stems from portrayals in modern media.) Basically the entire eastern half of Canada had some variations of the legend.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                      Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                      Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post

Heh, thought nobody else knew that movie
                        Once they started making movies with real monsters in them, I developed a renewed interest in the series. Having them unmask criminals every episode was getting kind of stale.

Comment

• Know who I just realized is a beast in the CofD? Michael Avennatti, specifically he is an ugallu nemesis punishing the powerful and corrupt by exposing their sins and ripping them to shreds on behalf of his clients

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Working...
                          X