Beast: Character Idea Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
    Well, I finally ordered the player's guide for my birthday.
    And like every year, it will probably arrive either just in the nick of time, or nearly a week late.

-------------------------------------------

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/406010"]Old Willie Winkie:[/URL]

Old Willie Winkie, he's outside your door.

He climbed up the stairs and cracked along the floor.

In he comes quickly, knives shining bright.

He's a collector of tongues, and it's your lucky night!
    you won't regret it either way

Comment

• My Player's Guide just now arrived!

Probably gonna have more character ideas, once I've had time to read through it.

Comment

• Keiko, Talassii Predator

"Don't say it. I swear, I'll end you if you say it."

Keiko was fascinated with the supernatural long before her Devouring. As a child, she spent many happy hours with her grandmother, absorbing the myths and childrens' tales the family matriarch had brought over from the old country after the bombs fell. Every night after hearing these stories, her dreams swept her away to an imagined version of that land, where she would roam alongside the yokai of legend. She loved those dreams, those hours spent in her personal storybook world.

And yet somehow, despite all that noble and ancient mythology, the beast within her turned out to be a fucking tentacle monster.

Given her Family's curse and her background, it really wasn't what she had hoped for. And she absolutely does not want to hear another joke about it.

Comment

• "Cynn", Makara Enabler

It's hard not to like Cynn. No, really, it's one of her Atavisms, and it serves her well. Cynn is a gentle Beast, and her hunts aren't painful or bloody - unless you're into that.

Cynn's particular targets are the repressed or moralistic, and she thrills in tempting them into fulfilling their suppressed sexual desires (which may or may not involve her). She never violates consent, never does anything to her target they don't ask for: she has moral standards, after all. Still, she's not subtle about spelling out her Lesson that desire is nothing to be ashamed of, and as far as she's concerned any guilt you feel afterward is just part of that learning process.

Her manner of feeding seems to attract more than her share of Heroes and their followers, a fact her less-benign broodmates find darkly ironic. There's no shortage of people out there who react with outrage to "sexual immorality" (the scare quotes are audible when she says this). But as she mockingly said to the last Hero who hunted her, just before the kill: 'love' conquers all.

Horror: Mermaid.
          Lair: A sunny tropical lagoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cielle View Post
            "Cynn", Makara Enabler

It's hard not to like Cynn. No, really, it's one of her Atavisms, and it serves her well. Cynn is a gentle Beast, and her hunts aren't painful or bloody - unless you're into that.

Cynn's particular targets are the repressed or moralistic, and she thrills in tempting them into fulfilling their suppressed sexual desires (which may or may not involve her). She never violates consent, never does anything to her target they don't ask for: she has moral standards, after all. Still, she's not subtle about spelling out her Lesson that desire is nothing to be ashamed of, and as far as she's concerned any guilt you feel afterward is just part of that learning process.

Her manner of feeding seems to attract more than her share of Heroes and their followers, a fact her less-benign broodmates find darkly ironic. There's no shortage of people out there who react with outrage to "sexual immorality" (the scare quotes are audible when she says this). But as she mockingly said to the last Hero who hunted her, just before the kill: 'love' conquers all.

Horror: Mermaid.
            Lair: A sunny tropical lagoon.
            From that description, I'm imagining something like this:

Also, does she and her Brood use her Lair as a getaway spot sometimes?

Comment

• Now I want to see a Beast (or Brood) that uses their Lair as a "Haunted" House or carnival of fear. Not, that's-what-their-Lairs-are, but rather monetizing their Lairs.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
                From that description, I'm imagining something like this:

Also, does she and her Brood use her Lair as a getaway spot sometimes?
                I imagine so, yeah! A Lair that can be enjoyed on its own terms meshes nicely with Cynn's overall outlook.

Comment

• Dawson - Talassi Predator:

"A life for a life, this is how the balance is maintained."

If you hear the word 'druid' and immediately think 'nature loving hippy' then you clearly don't know a thing about Celtic mythology. Dawson wasn't very knowledgeable about it either, not until the day of his devouring. When he came face to face with the Horned God who hunted him through the forests every night, like he was some kind of wild stag. When he turned to face his huntsman and felt the barbed arrows pierce his flesh, tearing him to pieces with each shot. He thought that was the end of it, his body too heavily wounded that he would not survive his injuries. But when the hunter tore out his heart and consumed it in two bites, his perceptions snapped over to his would be killer. Dawson had now become the hunter, and in that moment, he finally understood what it meant to consume another creature. To steal another's essence and make it your own, to extinguish another's life force to sustain yours for one more day!

Dawson became obsessed with the Obcasus Rites after that, throwing himself head first into their study. The rituals he learned were merciless, barbaric practices involving the use of living sacrifices. But it was never about wanton murder for Dawson, it was about the cycle of life and death. Maintaining the delicate balance of creation and destruction. Many people do not comprehend the fundamental truth that he seeks to impart upon them. Those people often find themselves lost in the forest, having been targeted for Dawson's next hunt!

Comment

Working...
                  X