Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songs of the Beast

Because eventually, someone had to make this thread :P

two songs that I find inspirational for Beast are Murder by Within Temptation and Ignorance by Paramore. The first makes me think about a Nemesis whe self style herself as one of the ancient Furies, while from the clip of the other I think about an Eshmaki whose former best friend has turned into an Hero.

so- which songs do you think would be good for Beast?

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

My new flagship project- Vigilant Times! Take a look and feel free to help

Here's a Couple....

Skillet- Monster (Because it's gonna Come up sometime...)
    Slipknot- Before I Forget (Homecoming... and the Heart of some of their conflict)
    Kirby Krackle- In Reverie (Someone on the Character Idea's thread said he'd have a Rockstar Tyrant... I can see this is one of his Songs.. Slightly Sinister if you want it to be)
    Avenged Sevenfold- A Little Piece of Heaven (Just.... A Pyscho Beast that feeds on the Fear of the Story it's Making with people.... Prometheans likely.... Who Says you Can't "Love" your Family)

If i can think of others I'll pop them up

Light and Dark are two Sides of a Coin... Humanity is What Happens when it Lands on it's Edge.

Comment

I have no clue why, but Streets of Philadelphia ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYLr9FtYtME ) came up to my head when I read the thread title.

Comment

On a lighter note (cough):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RK47Ex03EM

Barney is definitely a Collector of suits and lovers. Or maybe a Predator, who aaaaaaaaaalways gets the yes?

Words of Wisdom from the Forums:
        "Don't be unlucky and get dead by a wolf-man."
        "Most of the current eras are too modern, we need 'Dark Eras: The electroweak epoch'."

Comment

Originally posted by malonkey1 View Post
          On a lighter note (cough):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RK47Ex03EM

Barney is definitely a Collector of suits and lovers. Or maybe a Predator, who aaaaaaaaaalways gets the yes?
          Ted's a Beast that feeds on his Kids anxiety and fears about their Mother....

Doctor Horrible- On the Rise (A Beast struggling with his Life/Legend and the Hero that Torments him... But Refuses too kill him.)
          Doctor Horrible- Slipping (The Moment the Same Beast Gives up and goes full Monster)

On that Note... Doctor Horrible is a Beast, either a Namtaru or Eshmaki Tyrant or Nemesis depending on what you want too play up with it.

Light and Dark are two Sides of a Coin... Humanity is What Happens when it Lands on it's Edge.

Comment

It's Not Me It's You, by Skillet- The song is either a Hero sinking into delusion as he blames the Beast for all his problems, or a Begotten who rejects his place in the story as a villain. Take your pick.

Comment

Bad As Me, by Tom Waits - that beautiful moment when a Beast finds their Kin.

Comment

I've been using the entire Endless Forms Most Beautiful album by Nightwish for my Beast readings, though to be fair I have also been using it for Mummy and Demon as well. Still, the title track is rather perfect in its' own way.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Onyx Path Freelancer
                Working on:The Hedge(?), Night Horrors: Enemy Action
                The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Sig Sawaa, Kino's Journey

Comment

heck, Iv'e been using that Album for an Hunter conspiracy I've made, mage and even vampire. That album is very inspirational...

darn it, now I need to listen to the whole album again and think which Beast ideas would jump to my head..

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

My new flagship project- Vigilant Times! Take a look and feel free to help

Comment

I had been waiting to make this thread for the sub-forum...

I read through the preview document listening to blues-rock.

Most notably Woke up this Morning by Alabama 3 (Sopranos theme song), it really triggered that Beast feeling for me. But a lot of that style (especially, the lower key stuff) has the right feel for me.

Comment

I find myself attracted to One Wish and A Turn For the Worse by Tarby as my first-thought Beast music. A Turn For The Worse in particular just feels like the horror side of a Homecoming. ("One. Of. Us. One. Of. Us. One! Of! Us!")

Comment

I already posted this one before, but it´s too damn good to miss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdOahSHDpUc

Comment

Monster Mash

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Awolnation - Kill Your Heroes seemed really apt.

Comment

Would someone kill me if I said Taylor Swift's Blank Space? The line "but darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream"just always makes me think of Beast.

Comment

Working...
                              X