Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songs of the Beast

Because eventually, someone had to make this thread :P

two songs that I find inspirational for Beast are Murder by Within Temptation and Ignorance by Paramore. The first makes me think about a Nemesis whe self style herself as one of the ancient Furies, while from the clip of the other I think about an Eshmaki whose former best friend has turned into an Hero.

so- which songs do you think would be good for Beast?

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
    I now blog in here

Here's a Couple....

Skillet- Monster (Because it's gonna Come up sometime...)
    Slipknot- Before I Forget (Homecoming... and the Heart of some of their conflict)
    Kirby Krackle- In Reverie (Someone on the Character Idea's thread said he'd have a Rockstar Tyrant... I can see this is one of his Songs.. Slightly Sinister if you want it to be)
    Avenged Sevenfold- A Little Piece of Heaven (Just.... A Pyscho Beast that feeds on the Fear of the Story it's Making with people.... Prometheans likely.... Who Says you Can't "Love" your Family)

If i can think of others I'll pop them up

Light and Dark are two Sides of a Coin... Humanity is What Happens when it Lands on it's Edge.

Comment

I have no clue why, but Streets of Philadelphia ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYLr9FtYtME ) came up to my head when I read the thread title.

Comment

On a lighter note (cough):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RK47Ex03EM

Barney is definitely a Collector of suits and lovers. Or maybe a Predator, who aaaaaaaaaalways gets the yes?

Words of Wisdom from the Forums:
        "Don't be unlucky and get dead by a wolf-man."
        "Most of the current eras are too modern, we need 'Dark Eras: The electroweak epoch'."

Comment

Originally posted by malonkey1 View Post
          On a lighter note (cough):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RK47Ex03EM

Barney is definitely a Collector of suits and lovers. Or maybe a Predator, who aaaaaaaaaalways gets the yes?
          Ted's a Beast that feeds on his Kids anxiety and fears about their Mother....

Doctor Horrible- On the Rise (A Beast struggling with his Life/Legend and the Hero that Torments him... But Refuses too kill him.)
          Doctor Horrible- Slipping (The Moment the Same Beast Gives up and goes full Monster)

On that Note... Doctor Horrible is a Beast, either a Namtaru or Eshmaki Tyrant or Nemesis depending on what you want too play up with it.

Light and Dark are two Sides of a Coin... Humanity is What Happens when it Lands on it's Edge.

Comment

It's Not Me It's You, by Skillet- The song is either a Hero sinking into delusion as he blames the Beast for all his problems, or a Begotten who rejects his place in the story as a villain. Take your pick.

Comment

Bad As Me, by Tom Waits - that beautiful moment when a Beast finds their Kin.

Comment

I've been using the entire Endless Forms Most Beautiful album by Nightwish for my Beast readings, though to be fair I have also been using it for Mummy and Demon as well. Still, the title track is rather perfect in its' own way.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
                Work Blog Coming Soon
                The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

heck, Iv'e been using that Album for an Hunter conspiracy I've made, mage and even vampire. That album is very inspirational...

darn it, now I need to listen to the whole album again and think which Beast ideas would jump to my head..

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
                  I now blog in here

Comment

I had been waiting to make this thread for the sub-forum...

I read through the preview document listening to blues-rock.

Most notably Woke up this Morning by Alabama 3 (Sopranos theme song), it really triggered that Beast feeling for me. But a lot of that style (especially, the lower key stuff) has the right feel for me.

Comment

I find myself attracted to One Wish and A Turn For the Worse by Tarby as my first-thought Beast music. A Turn For The Worse in particular just feels like the horror side of a Homecoming. ("One. Of. Us. One. Of. Us. One! Of! Us!")

Comment

I already posted this one before, but it´s too damn good to miss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdOahSHDpUc

Comment

Monster Mash

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Awolnation - Kill Your Heroes seemed really apt.

Comment

Would someone kill me if I said Taylor Swift's Blank Space? The line "but darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream"just always makes me think of Beast.

Comment

Working...
                              X