Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Songs of the Beast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by lovecraft lite View Post
    Would someone kill me if I said Taylor Swift's Blank Space? The line "but darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream"just always makes me think of Beast.
    I don't want to listen to it to contradict you, but from what I remember, it's the closest of her discography.


    Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by lovecraft lite View Post
      Would someone kill me if I said Taylor Swift's Blank Space? The line "but darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream"just always makes me think of Beast.

      My wife (who edited Beast) played me this song with the game in mind.

      See also: "You Should Know Where I'm Coming From," by Banks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQDoIzNKVSY


      .

      Comment


      • #18
        I have one that represents both beast and hero

        The Heavy- what makes a good man? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08h0IVs4RKQ

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by blackhatmatt View Post


          My wife (who edited Beast) played me this song with the game in mind.

          See also: "You Should Know Where I'm Coming From," by Banks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQDoIzNKVSY
          So, I've never properly listened to the song before, just heard snatches of it. After this mention, I decided, "Eh, Okay, Taylor's not that bad, my avoidance of her is fairly shallow, let's give it a listen."

          And now I have another character brewing in my head.


          Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
          Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

          Comment


          • #20
            Madam Macabre Ft. Ashe - God Syndrome Works for a nemeses and even has an attached story on Madam Macabre's Deviant Art which provided great inspiration to me.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSOSJ0iRH1A

            http://xmadame-macabrex.deviantart.c...lear-347705467


            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by lovecraft lite View Post
              Would someone kill me if I said Taylor Swift's Blank Space? The line "but darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream"just always makes me think of Beast.
              I'd go with the I Prevail cover then - Blank Space

              Comment


              • #22
                Theme music to Castlevania! What better Lair can you imagine than the Castle itself?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by MCN View Post
                  Theme music to Castlevania! What better Lair can you imagine than the Castle itself?
                  The castle should be the Lair of a Brood that has Atleast 1 incarnate... Likely 3-4 if your going for the Full Castle and it's reverse.


                  Light and Dark are two Sides of a Coin... Humanity is What Happens when it Lands on it's Edge.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by reaperfrost8 View Post
                    I have one that represents both beast and hero

                    The Heavy- what makes a good man? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08h0IVs4RKQ

                    Another one by The Heavy- Short Change Hero https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtGzmxa3CH4

                    "This ain't no place for no hero.
                    This ain't no place for no better man.
                    This ain't no place for no hero...
                    to call home."

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      With the new revision, I suddenly realize how well Metal Gear Rising's soundtrack fits Heroes:

                      Hot Wind Blowing - Heroes in general.

                      The Only Thing I Know For Real - A more benign Hero beginning to realize that the story isn't supposed to be about them alone, and making it so is harming others.

                      It Has To Be This Way - Hero vs. Benign Beast


                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Leliel View Post
                        With the new revision, I suddenly realize how well Metal Gear Rising's soundtrack fits Heroes:

                        Hot Wind Blowing - Heroes in general.

                        The Only Thing I Know For Real - A more benign Hero beginning to realize that the story isn't supposed to be about them alone, and making it so is harming others.

                        It Has To Be This Way - Hero vs. Benign Beast

                        It's not as good as "It Has to Be This Way", but I'm hoping that I can work in Collective Consciousness somewhere.

                        Probably as somewhat related to the Primordial Dream.


                        "Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
                        Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
                        He/him pronouns, please

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          For the most literal possible interpretation: Welcome To My Nightmare – Alice Cooper

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            With Me by Invocation Array

                            Your next Makara will thank me.


                            Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                            Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              The Blue Man ...... An Incarnate making his own Legend...


                              Light and Dark are two Sides of a Coin... Humanity is What Happens when it Lands on it's Edge.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Welcome to My Nightmare (Alice Cooper) - If you want a cocky Beast to introduce an invading Hero to his Lair, this is the song to use.


                                Genius: the Transgression 2E is a thing that's being worked on.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X