• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LostLight
    started a topic Songs of the Beast

Songs of the Beast

Because eventually, someone had to make this thread :P

two songs that I find inspirational for Beast are Murder by Within Temptation and Ignorance by Paramore. The first makes me think about a Nemesis whe self style herself as one of the ancient Furies, while from the clip of the other I think about an Eshmaki whose former best friend has turned into an Hero.

so- which songs do you think would be good for Beast?

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    So definitely more comedic, but I think this song definitely gives a good idea to the more idealistic (even, at times, naive) attitude Beasts have towards other monsters

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z5OXON8vIaA

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Also, Hey Look Ma, I Made It by Panic! at the Disco (Featuring currently only Brendon Urie of Panic! at the Disco) is ironic, but if you want to really concentrate Beasts with celebrity in that way I get, well

You aren't lacking material.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    So, if you want a bead on the train of my thought:

Matthew McFarland, former developer (and a lot of baggage including sexual assault) thought You Should Know Where I'm Coming From by Banks was the near-central-theme of Beast.

I like that song, and I don't disagree with it's assessment. And in particular, I think it very strongly embodies where a young Beast starts. I think it owns the prices paid in becoming who you are. I actually really love this song.

But if you want a look at how I feel about Beast, that is a singularly understandable and condemnable point of view, that is Beast in the long game and grand view is.

Then allow me to point you at The Monster by Eminem:

Leave a comment:

• Rockclanhawkstar
    replied
    Here's a small group of songs that I think fit well for the game.
    -Left behind by DAGames.
    I know it was made for FNAF but hey. It's fitting for both the Devouring and for a beast responding to their lair being invaded.\
    -Your evil Shadow has a cup of Tea by Lemon Demon
    Everything about the song is just Beast,
    -Devour by Shinedown

Also one other song that isn't really for just Beast but WoD and CoD as a whole is Hymn for the Lost by Cami-Cat.

Leave a comment:

• Aeveth
    replied
    Rightfully from Mili, the opening of Goblin Slayer, the lyrics could fit for a couple of hungers but overall speak to me about a really angry beast

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied

It's been running as an Ugallu theme for me.

Leave a comment:

• Paradim
    replied
    Sharing this one. Kinda prefer the Nightcore version of this song, so linking that.

Besides the "nightmare" theme to it, I definitely enjoy the sheer defiance the song shares.

Leave a comment:

• nalak42
    replied
    I feel like this is a good one for a Beast and their Horror talking, also a bit of fun if you go with the angle of a Beast having just come back to full after their Horror has been in the old Satiety 10 food coma.
    Last edited by nalak42; 08-28-2019, 02:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Because this is still the most comprehensive thread-a grim take on being Primordial, but hell if you wanna challenge the Beast who stands When the Snakes Start to Sing

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied

SO EDGY, and yet I can't deny it works damn well as a case sound for the sheer force of entropy that Beasts can be.

Leave a comment:

• Aquatica1000
    replied
    I tend to listen to Andrew Stein's "Witch Hunt" and "Purple" whenever I'm in a Beast Mood. The former could easily be of a Hero whipping up a crowd into a frenzy, while the latter brings to mind a villainous Beast, feeling guilt over the fear he's striking into people, but has accepted his fate and played along.

Also, Beauty and the Beast songs are probably beating a dead horse at this point, but I found this cover of the Mob Song to be fitting for a Beast game. >__>

Leave a comment:

• AdorableChou
    replied
    Animal - Definitely a Predator or Tyrant in their lair toying with a victim.

Novocaine - Mostly for the lines "In the truly gruesome do we trust," and "I am your worst nightmare." A Beast's rallying cry for his Brood.

Leave a comment:

• WarDragon
    replied
    Raven in the Storm is good for almost any monster, but an especially nice fit for Beast, I think.

Leave a comment:

• Nyrufa
    replied
    To Mega Therion - Therion

2 Hours of Dark Music - Adrian Von Zielger

1 Hour Dark Piano for Dark Thoughts

Leave a comment:

Working...
X