Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StSword
    replied
    Well that and people see the atavisms, since that isn't how they work, ghouls needing massive damage or attacks from ghoul weapony to get past their healing factor, and the fact that their ghoul weaponry has a rock paper scissors system going on when they'd pretty much be the same atavism in beast.

But themes, yes, it's a very good match, I completely agree.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Analogy is even deeper - the Anteiku cafe is a new, adopted family for characters - they help each other, treat their problems, even are open for new memebers - but they are protective of each other. It's great reflection on what Broods could look like in game.

Really, the only problem with Tokyo Ghoul is that charcters are Hungry for Flesh - not the Fears - of humans and that they are not shown any Lairs.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    I could see Dread Powers or Werewolf games work a bit better mechaniclly as Tokyo Ghoul - but I was writing more in spirit for themes of show and Beast.

Hunger is central to the story at hand, and you almost feel as Satiety rises and falls in characters - like Kaneki when pressed to eat Hide, when starving. And then character returns to normal acting, when his Satiety rose.

Kagune - tenatcles and other "matter" coming from Ghouls - are clearly Atavisms, working on mere instinct. They even save Kaneki from falling, grabbing the walls like Doctor Octopus in Spiderman.

And whole Anteiku cafe thing - with protecting the humans and looking for humane way of saiting their Hunger - feels very much how basic society of Beast is shown in revision of corebook.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 06-20-2015, 08:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TwitchTheRat
    replied
    Werewolf does this really well. Eating people is already part of their setting.

Leave a comment:

• StSword
    replied
    Well in beast, since there are no physical differences, that means those anti-ghoul weapons would be made by imbuing weapons with beast's souls. Unless you want to limit them to only harvesting those beasts who have physically transformed by fusing with their souls, but that sounds like a recipe for extremely limited numbers there.

Honestly I'd do tokyo ghoul as folks with the dread powers from hunter, but that might just be me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X