No announcement yet.

Beast inspiration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. That's the Anakim. Also some Makara.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
    Currently Working On: The Noble and the Sovereign, Blog

Comment

There's Something in the Attic

https://youtu.be/6Y8y0sqYoPM

Comment

The Babadook.

Making peace with your Beast rather that denying it.

Comment

Elphaba from Wicked could totally work as a Namtaru.

Comment

Originally posted by Geckopirateship View Post
            Elphaba from Wicked could totally work as a Namtaru.
            Using Nightmares and Atavisms as Spells is an interesting concept.

Genius: the Transgression 2E is a thing that's being worked on.

Comment

I just saw Beowulf's Story Mode in Skullgirls, and I'm pretty sure the character does the talking for me. His name all but gives it away.

(Slightly NSFW due to fanservice)

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

How about that Viridian Saga? ;P
                Actually, the scary thing is how well it works...

Hige sceal þē heardra, heorte þē cēnre,
                mōd sceal þē māre, þē ūre mægen lytlað.

Comment

Before the book was even out, my friends and I couldn't stop comparing what we knew of Beast to "The Babadook".

"A free society is one in which it is safe to be unpopular."
                  I find Nick Spencer and Richard Spencer to be equally repulsive.

Comment

Following my previous post in this thread, I share two of the most comical Heroes I've seen in a long time: the Starbarians (NSFW: profanity, violence, nudity and sex).

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

I wish so much to do a Silent Hill based game, it was the first thing I thought of reading the blurb on the site.

Comment

I've found that Bloodborne is ripe with inspiration for Beast, both visually and thematically. Aside from some quite awesome Horrors and the whole "Hunters VS Beasts" thing, the game explores some concepts that, if not exactly related to Beast, come from a similar neighborood. Nightmares, dark hungers and primeval supernatural lineages are all there and, even if Bloodborne goes a completely different road which has more to do with Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos and Dream cycle, it still offers plenty of ideas, eye candy and plot hooks for Beast.

P.S. Sure, many bosses and areas from the Souls series offer easy inspiration for Horrors and Lairs, but Bloodborne goes even further, I think.
                        Last edited by Cinder; 02-01-2016, 05:02 PM.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

A recent film I saw called the Drownsman has a very good look at a Lair, and nice atmospherics for merging it with the world. (The acting's a but rudimentary though).

Comment

Although best known for her Night World series, L.J. Smith's Forbidden Game trilogy has a lot of potential for a Beast game. The antagonist, Julian, reads a bit more fae than Begotten . . . but many of the setting elements work perfectly with the Beast framework.

Take the first book, The Hunter, for example. A high school senior, looking for something different for her next big party, picks up "The Game" at a mysterious store. The game board is "The House", and each player has to decorate a room to resemble their worst nightmare. As the clock strikes nine, all the friends pass out . . . only to wake up inside an apparently real version of The House.

And The House really does resemble a Beast's Lair. The windows in the main part of the building look out onto primal chaos, for one thing. And each room resembles a Chamber. One room is an alien abduction scene, another is the ultimate messy room (complete with earthquake and screaming fungus), a third is the basement of a relative's house . . . And if the protagonist wants to rescue her friends, she'll have to find each one in their room - and then find the Burrow leading back to the House (and the clock is ticking).

The second book really reads Changeling to me, but the third has a nice example of using magic to intrude on a Beast's Lair. And since the protagonist is familiar with the area it was based on, it gives some ideas on how a Chamber might differ from its real world inspiration.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKFDpI9ihLs

The Sandman. A short animated film, which made an impression of a seven-year-old me. It's Ugallu inspiration, all the way.

Comment

This seems so obvious that I'm sure it must have been said before, but what about Batman? The whole point of his persona is to strike primeval fear into the hearts of criminals. He sure as hell hungers for punishment, has a lair, and I've never really bought that his cape could let him glide like he does...

Comment

Working...
                                X