No announcement yet.

Beast inspiration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the whole movie, but the "Fear Simulation" scenes from Divergent could make for a good application of Lair Traits - or Nightmares taking effect.

Comment

Originally posted by AdorableChou View Post
      For me, the biggest source of inspiration for Beast has been Legendary's take on Godzilla. He's likened to a force of nature because of the destruction he causes by simply moving. As much as the human cast is horrified by Godzilla, they can't help but be awed by this primordial apex predator.

The idea of a Beast/Horror so awe inspiring in how terrifying it is became the inspiration for my Anakim Ravager.

I was under the impression that Godzilla was an allegory for nuclear warfare.

From what I understand, his body is so toxic that he spreads radiation poisoning everywhere he goes. Which means those people should probably evacuate the fucking city every time he shows up!

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

I was under the impression that Godzilla was an allegory for nuclear warfare.

From what I understand, his body is so toxic that he spreads radiation poisoning everywhere he goes. Which means those people should probably evacuate the fucking city every time he shows up!
        Original Gojira was, yes. By now, that allegory has undergone some... fluctuations, let's call it.

Comment

Necro: The upcoming movie "The Mermaid" looks like it could be used for a particularly vicious Makara.

Comment

Seems interesting can you give me a link?

Comment

A quote from Evgeny Schwartz' play The Dragon , which I think could be very inspirational for a Tyrant of some description:

"You see, the human soul is very resilient. Cut the body in half — and the man croaks. But tear the soul apart — and it only becomes more pliable, that's all. No, really, you couldn't pick a finer assortment of souls anywhere. Only in my town. Souls with no hands. Souls with no legs. Mute souls, deaf souls, chained souls, snitch souls, damned souls."

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
                Seems interesting can you give me a link?
                Here you go.

Comment

So finally got around to watching Babylon 5. Mr. Mordin is either a perfect enabler or an interesting tyrant. Actually I suppose you could take Mordin as the enabler with the Shadows as the Tyrant. To put a simple way Mordin asked a person what they wanted, he got the answer and with just demonstration indebted the person into a position they didn't like. The Shadows are ancient and absurdly powerful to the point where its basically one Shadow ship to crush any army sent against it. (This is all season 2 stuff when the Shadows are basically just things that show up and decimate, so I don't know how they'll fair in a more open conflict when that crops up.)

Comment

Crypt TV has tons of stuff that is pretty cool.
                    Didn't we have a 'nightmare triggered by whoever eats this' somewhere? Black Sugar would fit that bill quiet well.

Comment

Majora's Mask...

Just... the entire game and everything in it!

Or would that be more suitable for Changeling?

Comment

Working...
                      X