Pick Your Poison - Favorite Foods of the Begotten

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick Your Poison - Favorite Foods of the Begotten

Figured we need a thread for the "specific preferences" of Beast characters' Hungers, seeing as it's a significant narrative hook and its either-or applicability has a marked effect on feeding rolls.

For instance, Censer has a general Hunger for Ruin, but in times of plenty the Leviathan especially craves the destruction of the written word. Blackouts and bonfires erase hours to decades of history and hard work, and the only thing the unfortunate author or curator can do is attempt to reconstruct the material from memory or write the whole thing off.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
    Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

I once had an idea for a Collector who took works of art away from those he had decided did not fully appreciate them, though I couldn't figure out a decent Horror to represent the Hunger, nor could I decide if the concept was actually frightening.

Comment

A Tyrant with a taste for despair works at a suicide hotline, browbeating the callers into obeying the Namtaru's will. But any sort of desperation and sorrow based submission will work rather well. And yes, it is disgusting to take advantage people like that. Hence Namtaru for family...

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

The Ugallu I wrote, also a Ravager, likes to humble the proud. At low levels, he does so by pointing out the flaws in people's ideas; at mid, demonstrating why an idea is bad becomes necessary, whereas at high, he resorts to out and out sabotage to fuel his Hunger.

Crunch isn't a hobby; it's a calling.

Comment

An Anakim Tyrant in the image of an icon: Mimir. The adviser you come to rely on so much that you can't make decisions without them. There is something so satisfying about making someone dependent on you, and then withholding your help until they submit. Over and over again.

Revlid wrote:
          Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Comment

Caretaker Novel, an Eshmaki Predator, prowles the cinemas of the world looking for his favourite prey: those that talk at the theater.

My custom legacy (2e)- The Disciples of Rathma - Life/Death focused Moros/Thyrsus Legacy, comments appreciated

Comment

I made myself very uncomfortable when I tried, as I usually do with a new game, to make myself into a Beast. I couldn't quite do it, because I don't think I really fit, but the closest approximation was an Ugallu Raptor who likes to prey on straight guys by using You Must Obey Me, to sexually assault them to tear away their macho alpha male egos. I ... didn't realize my darkness could go in that direction and I didn't like it very much.

Comment

Currently playing an Ugallu Ravager. He's a homeless-by-choice street-artist, who paints beautiful works on the sides of buildings (mostly fantasy scenes and abstract... he had a great model for his portrait of Smaug), and then burns said buildings down once they've attracted some local notice.

Another concept I wound up not going with, was a Nemesis whose favorite crime to punish was animal cruelty. Never got very far with it, but that is a hot button for me.

Comment

One of the characters I'm planing to play is a Eshmaki Tyrant who feeds on secrets, and the power that comes with it. Was considering first to make him a Collector, but I liked the idea of a Beast sitting in the shadows using the secrets of other "powerfull" people to make them do his bidding. Yumm

Comment

The Ugallu Nemesis I've got percolating seems to have a thing for harrying jaywalkers; it's one of the many things being able to hit like a truck is good for.

Comment

Eshmaki Predator that uses his abilities to enter a protected place, leaves some kind of mark and then leaves again, leaving no sign of how he got in. Could also be a Collector if he stole stuff.

Is it presumptuous of me to ask for alternating male/female pronouns?

Comment

Well this seems the most appropriate place to ask my question. So I'm working on an Eshmaki Ravager, my character is corporate spy if that helps. The problem is I haven't figured exactly what the preferences for feeding should be. Any suggestions?

Comment

He finds out secrets and only tells the most damaging ones to his employers, the ones that will make people howl in outrage and tear down his targets.

Is it presumptuous of me to ask for alternating male/female pronouns?

Comment

Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
                            Well this seems the most appropriate place to ask my question. So I'm working on an Eshmaki Ravager, my character is corporate spy if that helps.
                            Relevant questions:

Is their being a corporate spy linked to their Hunger?

Beyond the matters of feeding preference, what do they attempt to influence with their Legend?

What's their Horror like?

What's their Lair like?

What Atavisms do they have at their disposal?

Comment

Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
                              Well this seems the most appropriate place to ask my question. So I'm working on an Eshmaki Ravager, my character is corporate spy if that helps. The problem is I haven't figured exactly what the preferences for feeding should be. Any suggestions?
                              Perhaps your character specializes in character assassination, such that you use your talent to cause folks to self-destruct?

Crunch isn't a hobby; it's a calling.

Comment

Working...
                              X