Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would the Infestation Atavism look like on non-Namtaru?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would the Infestation Atavism look like on non-Namtaru?

I am unsure, but here are my ideas.

Anakim: viscous, boiling blood of varying color, covered in huge bone splinters and bone-crushing jaws.

Eshmaki: amorphous clouds of smoke and shadow. Those caught within cannot tell if they are being stabbed, bitten or clawed.

Makara: leeches, eels, crustaceans and piranhas.

Ugallu: a murder of crows or other birds of prey, or perhaps bats.

What about other Atavisms that are very tied to the imagery of a specific Family? An Anakim with Monster From The Deep might have arms like tree trunks and covered in long bone blades. A Makara with Wings Of The Raptor might look like a jellyfish, with inflatable fleshy sacs of gas that allow flight.
    Last edited by GibberingEloquence; 10-27-2015, 07:15 AM.

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

I imagine even for Namtaru that the insect thing is just the most common way it tends to appear. I like the idea of Medusa having Infestation while being made of snakes.

Your other re-imaginings are fun.

Revlid wrote:
    Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Comment

Too bad Dragonfire is specifically described as Fire, as I would love to hose down my Acid-Rainer's enemies with nematocysts, or actual acid.

Crunch isn't a hobby; it's a calling.

Comment

Originally posted by Hexmeister Vic View Post
        Too bad Dragonfire is specifically described as Fire, as I would love to hose down my Acid-Rainer's enemies with nematocysts, or actual acid.
        Yeah, It's described as fire, but why not change that if it works for you. Mechanically it shouldn't be much different. So why not just change the visual aspect of it?

Comment

Originally posted by aslan751 View Post
          Yeah, It's described as fire, but why not change that if it works for you. Mechanically it shouldn't be much different. So why not just change the visual aspect of it?
          In fact, wasn't there a sidebar as well that said you could reflavour and change the damage types to get exactly what you wanted?

CofD booklists:
          Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean

Comment

Originally posted by aslan751 View Post
            The only issue I have is crossover interactions: I can heal Prometheans with Storm-Lashed, and Dragonfire is an ace against Kindred and Created, but other damage types are a little nerfed, as most can fast heal out of them, and the above 2 count them as Bashing IIRC. That's the main gripe I have with Atavisms and Lair Traits, that the damage the cause isn't generally considered magical.

Comment

Originally posted by Hexmeister Vic View Post

The only issue I have is crossover interactions: I can heal Prometheans with Storm-Lashed, and Dragonfire is an ace against Kindred and Created, but other damage types are a little nerfed, as most can fast heal out of them, and the above 2 count them as Bashing IIRC. That's the main gripe I have with Atavisms and Lair Traits, that the damage the cause isn't generally considered magical.
              It still does Aggravated if you spend Satiety, regardless of who you're using it on.

More Infestation types!

A dragon with metallic scales collapsing into a shower of coins that roll of their own accord.
              Turning into a living liquid or ooze.
              Rats probably represent the upper limit on the size of things you can become.

Monster From the Deep, despite its name, is incredibly easy to fluff for anything large; just make a sweeping attack with arms, tail, wings, etc.
              Last edited by WarDragon; 10-21-2015, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WarDragon View Post

It still does Aggravated if you spend Satiety, regardless of who you're using it on.
                The Kindred Endurance and Atavism rules may disagree with you on that, but that's for a different thread.

More Infestation types!

A dragon with metallic scales collapsing into a shower of coins that roll of their own accord.
                Turning into a living liquid or ooze.
                Rats probably represent the upper limit on the size of things you can become.
                A cloud of Black Fungus spores, just to play the System Mastery card, and look like the foil from Ghost Rider 2.

Monster From the Deep, despite its name, is incredibly easy to fluff for anything large; just make a sweeping attack with arms, tail, wings, etc.
                Or tentacles, if you went for something from DnD.

Comment

Originally posted by WarDragon View Post
                  I imagine a Horror with a metallic hide usually turns into a cloud of crude, levitating knives made of the same metal. Alternatively, a Horror that hoards precious metals and gems (or just uses them temporarily to lure prey) might turn into a swarm of crushing geodes, spiky crystals or molten gold.

Dragonfire should deal aggravated damage to vampires, even without Satiety Expenditure. The exception is if the vampire has Resilience, which explicitly downgrades damage from fire into lethal, and then healed with Vitae. I'd say that Satiety Expenditure would bypass the Resilience if the Beast's Lair exceeds the vampire's Blood Potency.
                  Last edited by GibberingEloquence; 11-02-2015, 12:04 AM.

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

Originally posted by GibberingEloquence View Post
                    I imagine a Horror with a metallic hide usually turns into a cloud of crude, levitating knives made of the same metal. Alternatively, a Horror that hoards precious metals and gems (or just uses them temporarily to lure prey) might turn into a swarm of crushing geodes, spiky crystals or molten gold.
                    Metal Golem Horror's Infestation: I imagine it T-1000 style, quicksilvery moving liquid.

Comment

Working...
                    X