X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ajf115
    started a topic Beast Homebrew folder

Beast Homebrew folder

Hello everyone! As I said I would, here's a folder for any kind of homebrew for beast. If anyone has any suggestions for things to add, please tell me.

Here's the link:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9KaEz_D7phwLVdETVZ0XzZoTFk&usp=sha ring

• TerrorCooper
    replied
    Okay, I've yet to track down the Inheritances, but I've managed to locate the Hunger and all but one of the Families; Irkalla, Kishin, Typhon and Festives. I've also found the Automata, Nightmares of Technology.
    Last edited by TerrorCooper; 03-22-2021, 05:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TerrorCooper
    replied
    This is actually an idea I’ve had rattling around in my skull for a while. Heck, I’ve even compiled a list of Homebrew Beast Families! Here they are;

??????? - Nightmares of Betrayal

Irkalla - Nightmares of The End

Kishin - Nightmares of Conflict

Typhon - Nightmares of Chaos

I’ve also found a fan-made hunger;

Festives - Hunger For Holiday Spirit

And here’s some Inheritances I came across (though I’ve added to the names to fit the naming scheme);

The Adoption - The Kin Joined

The Antagonism - The Hero Justified

The Cloistering - The Beast Retreats

The Devotion - The Beast Smitten

The Graduation - The Beast Accepted

The Symbiosis - The Beast Cooperative

I’ll report back with the threads at a later date.
    Last edited by TerrorCooper; 03-21-2021, 05:47 PM. Reason: Misspelt one of the Family names

Leave a comment:

• WarDragon
    replied
    The normal effect of Attacks Are Futile looks... a little weak. Is attacking specific parts really common enough that not having 10-again on it is a huge deal? I have trouble seeing why I'd use it in combat over All Your Teeth Are Falling Out or You Must Obey.

Leave a comment:

• ajf115
    replied
    Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post
    A couple of Kinship Nightmares I worked out.

-=-

Your Attacks Are Futile [Changeling]
    Dice Pool: Wits + Satiety vs. Resolve + Supernatural Advantage

Normal Effect: While under the effects of the Nightmare, the target does not benefit from the 10-again quality on all rolls made to target a specific body part.

High Satiety: The Beast's ability to stifle the momentum of one's strikes becomes even more detrimental to those who deign to challenge him. The victim of this Nightmare must roll an Exceptional Success in his attacks to inflict Tilts resulting from striking a specified body part.

Satiety Expenditure: The victim treats all failures in attack rolls as dramatic failures, and doubles all penalties from targeting a specific body part for the duration of the Nightmare. An attack aimed at the head, for example, suffers a -6 penalty instead of the usual -3.

You Will Know Pain [Sin-Eater]
    Dice Pool:
    Presence + Satiety vs. Stamina + Supernatural Advantage

Normal Effect: The victim begins taking wound penalties after a number of Health dots equal to his Stamina are filled with lethal damage. These penalties max out at -5, and last until the end of the scene.

High Satiety: The victim begins taking wound penalties whenever he incurs lethal damage.

Satiety Expenditure: By spending a point of Satiety, the Nightmare causes even the most superficial of injuries to inflict crippling pain. The effects of the Nightmare apply, now, with bashing damage,
    Thanks for dropping these off.

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    A couple of Kinship Nightmares I worked out.

-=-

Your Attacks Are Futile [Changeling]
    Dice Pool: Wits + Satiety vs. Resolve + Supernatural Advantage

Normal Effect: While under the effects of the Nightmare, the target does not benefit from the 10-again quality on all rolls made to target a specific body part.

High Satiety: The Beast's ability to stifle the momentum of one's strikes becomes even more detrimental to those who deign to challenge him. The victim of this Nightmare must roll an Exceptional Success in his attacks to inflict Tilts resulting from striking a specified body part.

Satiety Expenditure: The victim treats all failures in attack rolls as dramatic failures, and doubles all penalties from targeting a specific body part for the duration of the Nightmare. An attack aimed at the head, for example, suffers a -6 penalty instead of the usual -3.

You Will Know Pain [Sin-Eater]
    Dice Pool:
    Presence + Satiety vs. Stamina + Supernatural Advantage

Normal Effect: The victim begins taking wound penalties after a number of Health dots equal to his Stamina are filled with lethal damage. These penalties max out at -5, and last until the end of the scene.

High Satiety: The victim begins taking wound penalties whenever he incurs lethal damage.

Satiety Expenditure: By spending a point of Satiety, the Nightmare causes even the most superficial of injuries to inflict crippling pain. The effects of the Nightmare apply, now, with bashing damage,

Leave a comment:

• ajf115
    replied
    If you want any merits or whatever posted, if you could just post them on here or put a link up.

Leave a comment:

• ajf115
    replied
    OK, it's added now.

Leave a comment:

• ajf115
    replied
    Originally posted by Hexmeister Vic View Post

A Merits folder would be nice. Then I could post that Astral Panoply style merit I'm working on.

OK, I'll get on that now.

Leave a comment:

• Hexmeister Vic
    replied
    Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
    Hello everyone! As I said I would, here's a folder for any kind of homebrew for beast. If anyone has any suggestions for things to add, please tell me.

Here's the link:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9KaEz_D7phwLVdETVZ0XzZoTFk&usp=sha ring
    A Merits folder would be nice. Then I could post that Astral Panoply style merit I'm working on.

Leave a comment:

• ajf115
    replied
    Adding in another addition to the Nightmares sub-folder. Is there anything already like it in the Beast corebook?

-=-

You Cannot Hide
    Dice Pool:
    Wits + Satiety vs. Composure + Supernatural Advantage

Normal Effect: The victim does not benefit from the 10-again rule and suffers a -2 penalty to all Larceny, Stealth, and Subterfuge rolls.

High Effect: The victim now suffers a -4 penalty to all Larceny, Stealth, and Subterfuge rolls, and treats only 10s as successes.

Satiety Expenditure: The victim must now spend a Willpower point to attempt any Larceny, Stealth, or Subterfuge roll, and treats all failures as dramatic failures.

I'm not sure if there's anything like it in the book. Lemme have a check. thanks for helping me with this by the way.

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    Adding in another addition to the Nightmares sub-folder. Is there anything already like it in the Beast corebook?

-=-

You Cannot Hide
    Dice Pool:
    Wits + Satiety vs. Composure + Supernatural Advantage

Normal Effect: The victim does not benefit from the 10-again rule and suffers a -2 penalty to all Larceny, Stealth, and Subterfuge rolls.

High Effect: The victim now suffers a -4 penalty to all Larceny, Stealth, and Subterfuge rolls, and treats only 10s as successes.

Satiety Expenditure: The victim must now spend a Willpower point to attempt any Larceny, Stealth, or Subterfuge roll, and treats all failures as dramatic failures.

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    Thanks for the directions, I'll begin collecting them.
    Maybe subscribe to the thread, too, so that you can be alerted of any submissions? I just added this in.

Leave a comment:

• ajf115
    replied

Well, I can't really take the credit, seeing as I only revised (more or less) which splats they are drawn from. But thanks

EDIT:
    Here's the thread where I first got them from.

Thanks for the directions, I'll begin collecting them.

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    OK, got them. They're really good. Especially 'Nothing But Lies'. I think both of the Mage ones would work well with Genius as well.
    Well, I can't really take the credit, seeing as I only revised (more or less) which splats they are drawn from. But thanks

EDIT:
    Here's the thread where I first got them from.
    Last edited by Deionscribe; 01-28-2016, 01:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X