No announcement yet.

Nightmares & Dreamscapes: Incursions from the Primordial Dream

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The short answer is no. It does not reach into other worlds. It's something that affects the material and the Primordial Dream and going into those places counts as "leave the area", even if after a month within the Maelstrom there are probably some minor reflections of its effects in the Shadow.

Mages, provided they travel deep enough in the Temenos to reach the Primordial Dream, can fight it but it's not of great use. The best they can do is to delay its growth (let's say, if you slain the fake Horror that day does not count for the total of the twenty-six days and the Maelstrom has to go through that specific combination of Horror and Hunger one more time) but its astral form it's too strong and reforms the following day. It usually is not worth the effort.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub
    Nightmares & Dreamscapes - Got any ideas about the denizens of the Primordial Dream? Come here and let's share our nightmares together

We finally got pictures of Pluto. No Mi-Go in sight. Those bastards are clever.

Comment

Damn. I am really liking the Maelstroms, and all the possible story hooks one can cause.

"My Homebrew Hub"
      Age of Azar
      The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Thanks! They're the sort of thing that steals a lot space from other elements in a chronicle and takes a central place, which that makes them not much versatile. Glad to hear you see some potential in them.

I'm probably returning to low-key, easily exploitable creatures for my next entry.
        Last edited by Cinder; 02-14-2016, 03:56 PM.

Nightmares & Dreamscapes - Got any ideas about the denizens of the Primordial Dream? Come here and let's share our nightmares together

Comment

I can re-enact one of the best stories from the Sandman comics? Awesome!

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
            I can re-enact one of the best stories from the Sandman comics? Awesome!
            That was the plan. Nice to see you got the reference. I was not subtle at all about it, but when you need to find ideas about creatures and things to populate the Dream you might as well steal from the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinder View Post
              That was the plan. Nice to see you got the reference. I was not subtle at all about it, but when you need to find ideas about creatures and things to populate the Dream you might as well steal from the best.

Hey, nothing wrong with ripping ideas. Saves me the trouble of trying to figure out mechanics for it.

Will there be any mechanics on how to replicate the way the situation was solved eventually in the comic? Is it even possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

Hey, nothing wrong with ripping ideas. Saves me the trouble of trying to figure out mechanics for it.

Will there be any mechanics on how to replicate the way the situation was solved eventually in the comic? Is it even possible?
                I'd personally say that belongs to the realm of Storyteller's hands. In short, for the comics it was Rose's grandmother that took her place, but someone still had to die. Even Dream could not find another solution.

You can plan it out in order to give the players the option, if they really want to and find a person (probably a related one) willing to take the Maelstrom's place, sure.

Or perhaps you can exploit the Beast part of the arc and go for a solution that lies in the depths of the Primordial Dream and/or involves the Dark Mother. This might be more feasible once we learn more about it with the Player's Guide, but still.

Comment

Hmm. Here's an idea. Seeing as the Primordial Dream is the collective personification of fears, is it possible that there are some native entities/goetia who embody the fear of (natural) disasters and calamities? If so, I imagine their Numina could take the form of Lair Traits.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                  Age of Azar
                  The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

I think that's what Ravages are

Comment

Working...
                    X