Custom Legends and Lives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Legends and Lives

I do enjoy Legends and Lives as an Anchor for Beasts. There is so much potential to explore with these traits, important as they are to a Beast. Unfortunately I find the number of examples provided to us in the corebook to be far too limited. I require more.

So I'm here to ask if anyone has come up with new Legends and Lives to use for characters in their games, or can come up with them now. This first post would be used to compile a list for all of the ones mentioned here.

Compilation!

Legends
    Competitive: Regain one point of Willpower if your character seeks out or answers a challenge against another. Regain all Willpower if doing so would be incredibly and obviously dangerous, such as accepting a Hero's challenge to single combat when he already placed an Anathema on you.

Deceitful: Regain a point of Willpower when you trick another into a course of action that is potentially detrimental to them. Regain all Willpower when you trick an individual into a course of action that is detrimental to them when that individual has the power to take significant revenge upon you for the deception.

Implacable: Regain one point of Willpower if your character pursues her Aspirations or Hunger even when doing so results in harm to herself. Regain all points of Willpower if this pursuit draws the attention of a Hero, or puts her loved ones at risk.

Repulsive: Regain one point of Willpower when you shock others with your appearance and actions, while making them painfully aware you're not normal, such as eating rat heads in front of a a couple that's having a coffee. Regain all Willpower if this causes the disgust of people you care about or causes a threatening reaction, such as making yourself noticed by a Hero after scaring a bunch of the neighborhood's kids.

Lives
    Curious: Regain one point of Willpower when your thirst for knowledge makes you learn something new or interesting about the supernatural you would have not learned otherwise, such as staying after school to see who's carving enochian glyphs on the lockers. Regain all Willpower if you put yourself in a danger in order to get such knowledge or information with strictly mundane methods, such as breaking into a Hero's home without being aware of his current position in order to learn what he's got about your brood.

Flippant: Regain one point of Willpower when you deal with a problem or face an obstacle without bringing your supernatural nature to bear even if it would be significantly easier. Regain all Willpower if you stand up to a Hero or another serious threat on human terms.

Wanderer: Regain a point of Willpower when you find something on your wanderings that helps you solve a problem or answer a question. Regain all Willpower when you run from a problem in a way that leaves you or others in peril.
    Last edited by Aiden; 02-23-2016, 07:23 PM.

Revlid wrote:
    Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Here is an example to start us off!

Legend
    Competitive: Regain one point of Willpower if your character seeks out or answers a challenge against another. Regain all Willpower if doing so would be incredibly and obviously dangerous, such as accepting a Hero's challenge to single combat when he already placed an Anathema on you.
    Last edited by Aiden; 02-20-2016, 12:03 AM.

Revlid wrote:
    Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Comment

Legend
      Implacable: Regain one point of Willpower if your character pursues her Aspirations or Hunger even when doing so results in harm to herself. Regain all points of Willpower if this pursuit draws the attention of a Hero, or puts her loved ones at risk.

Life isn't coming to me as easily as this!

Revlid wrote:

Comment

If I write enough of my thesis before evening, I'll try to contribute. In the meantime, a honest praise for what you have wrote so far.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

Comment

Life
          Flippant: Regain one point of Willpower when you deal with a problem or face an obstacle without bringing your supernatural nature to bear even if it would be significantly easier. Regain all Willpower if you stand up to a Hero or another serious threat on human terms.

Comment

-Legend
            Repulsive:
            Regain one point of Willpower when you shock others with your appearance and actions, while making them painfully aware you're not normal, such as eating rat heads in front of a a couple that's having a coffee. Regain all Willpower if this causes the disgust of people you care about or causes a threatening reaction, such as making yourself noticed by a Hero after scaring a bunch of the neighborhood's kids

-Life
            Curious:
            Regain one point of Willpower when your thirst for knowledge makes you learn something new or interesting about the supernatural you would have not learned otherwise, such as staying after school to see who's carving enochian glyphs on the lockers. Regain all Willpower if you put yourself in a danger in order to get such knowledge or informations with strictly mundane methods, such as breaking into a Hero's home without being aware of his current position in order to learn what he's got about your brood.
            Last edited by Cinder; 02-20-2016, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Oh boy, I had to rewrite these two a bit. Too many errors and mistakes. Guess I'm burned out from studying. Sorry about that.

Comment

It's okay, I'm glad to see others contributing to this. Thank you!

Revlid wrote:

Comment

Legend
                  Deceitful

Regain a point of Willpower when you trick another into a course of action that is potentially detrimental to them. Regain all Willpower when you trick an individual into a course of action that is detrimental to them when that individual has the power to take significant revenge upon you for the deception.

Comment

Life
                    Wanderer

Regain a point of Willpower when you find something on your wanderings that helps you solve a problem or answer a question. Regain all Willpower when you run from a problem in a way that leaves you or others in peril.
                    Last edited by ajf115; 02-23-2016, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Aiden, your Implacable Legend is pretty much the same as Relentless, which is already in the game. But the rest you and others posted are really cool. I'd like to add a Life.

Entertainer: Regain one Willpower point when you manage to cheer up or calm down someone through humor or a similar method. Regain all Willpower points when you try to defuse a conflict at considerable risk to your safety or reputation, such as in the middle of combat or a heated political rally.

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

Legend

Destructive: Regain one Willpower point when you cause indiscriminate damage to your surroundings in fulfilling your Hunger or Aspirations. Regain all Willpower points when your rampage destroys something you or someone close to you cares about.

Life

Nurturing: Regain one Willpower point when you encourage the growth of some creative endeavor with your actions. Regain all Willpower points when you make a painful sacrifice of yourself to see that endeavor succeed.
                        Last edited by Aiden; 04-08-2018, 01:58 AM.

Revlid wrote:

Comment

Legend
                          Tempestuous: Regain one Willpower point when you change your goals or behavior in the middle of a Scene. Regain all Willpower points when you alter your behavior to your short or long term detriment.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                          Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
                            Legend
                            Tempestuous: Regain one Willpower point when you change your goals or behavior in the middle of a Scene. Regain all Willpower points when you alter your behavior to your short or long term detriment.
                            I could see that as both a Legend and a Life.

Comment

Working...
                            X