Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneys Beauty and the beast, how good an inspiration?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneys Beauty and the beast, how good an inspiration?

just hit me, The Charachter of Gaston from beauty and the Beast is really, truly, a Hero defined, he thinks that hes in a story about him, his heroism his daring his strength how cool a guy he is... aware the Beast isnt really a Beast, but its still a good example I wanted to mention

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    thought I'd bump this old thread and ask if theirs any new notes with the remake

I liked the movie

but I think it humanized Gaston a LITTLE. making him more multifaceted.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    Gaston though has a legend, but no life, or so it seemed to me.

Leave a comment:

• MCN
    replied
    Gaston is the only one here that's a good BtP character, and that's because he's an iconic hunter-style character. He does make a good Hero. But the rest? Beast was under a Curse and strove to undo the curse in some pretty nasty ways; he did not exalt in being a monster teaching lessons. This was all about escaping a faerie Curse and reclaiming your soul - a very Changeling story. The Beast is also classically a werewolf, and we could go with a Harmony problem. As others have mentioned, Belle has some pretty strong Stockholm messages - which again is associated strongly with changeling and its abuse/kidnap victim stories.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwight View Post
    Seeing how the beast kept her around till Stockholm syndrome kicked in yeah I would say the beast was a beast.....
    Was it stock holm syndrome? To be fair, My sister said once on facebook if she ever has a daughter she will NEVER allow her to watch the movie.

But I disagree with that read on it im afraid... any thoughts on Gaston?
    Last edited by Prince of the Night; 02-24-2016, 08:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    I never saw the movie.

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    he thinks that hes in a story about him
    This always struck me as odd. Everyone walks around in a state of ego death where they have no sense of self and await their individuation with the universe at large, right? And until then they are truly nothing, just as everyone else is nothing. So how could someone think that anything was about them?
    Last edited by nofather; 02-24-2016, 01:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dwight
    replied
    Seeing how the beast kept her around till Stockholm syndrome kicked in yeah I would say the beast was a beast.....

Leave a comment:

• Hexmeister Vic
    replied
    ...Or is the Beast?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X