Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monster by Skillet: Perfect theme song for Beast?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster by Skillet: Perfect theme song for Beast?

As I said in the Title, is Monster by Skillet the perfect theme song for Beast: The Primordial?

Maybe even the Chronicles Of Darkness as a whole?

Nope. For Beast, you want You Should Know Where I'm Coming From by Banks. Harder to pin one for ChroD, but I quite like Liquid Man by Theatre of Tragedy.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
    Work Blog Coming Soon
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

Nah, Monster is the perfect theme song for Werewolf.

For Beast, you have Sister Sledge's "We Are Family" (from their perspective) and Creature Feature's "Mommy's Little Monsters" (from the perspective of everyone else). Creature Feature is Beastly as all get-out.

The wisdom through fear aspect has too many angles to properly cover with one song. I'm fond of the Hunger For Punishment, so I suggest the following: Abney Park's "Victorian Vigilante", Arthur Brown's "Fire", Johnny Cash's "God's Gonna Cut You Down", Miracle Of Sound's "I Am The Night", Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust", Ben Moody & Anastacia's "Everything Burns", Nico Vega's "Fury Oh Fury" and Lordi's "Rock Police". I'll stop here because there are far too many awesome songs about revenge out there.

And if you ever feel like just enjoying your monstrosity for once, you might like Lord Dominator's "I'm The Bad Guy" (Wander Over Yonder), The Joker's "Where's The Fun In That" (Batman: The Brave And The Bold), Voltaire's "When You're Evil", Lordi's "Monster Is My Name" and the Boogie Song from The Nightmare Before Christmas.

EDIT: By the way, Lordi is just as Beastly as Creature Feature. I heartily recommend them. A lot of their songs are about something mundane turned monstrous, from grannies to presidents.
      Last edited by GibberingEloquence; 03-11-2016, 08:33 AM.

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

I'm pretty sure Monster by Skillet is basically for any splat with a "Rage Mode", such as Vampire, Werewolf or Promethean, and even then Promethean is a stretch.

Glorious Useless-Post Prana
        Cost: 2m; Mins: Linguistics 1, Essence 1 Type: Simple
        Keywords: Mute
        Duration: Instant
        Prerequisite Charms: Ten-Characters Methodology

Comment

I would like to add.. theres a few songs done by 'In this moment' that are good for the wod/cofd as a whole. Big bad wolf, blood, and sex metal barbie are very appros.

Comment

Kuruth IMO:

Comment

The video for "Monster" seems perfect for Deviant:

"A free society is one in which it is safe to be unpopular."

Comment

What about down with the sickness by disturbed

Comment

Voltaire: Land of the Dead (perfect for an Apex)

Creature Feature: Such Horrible Things

Comment

Originally posted by Windrave View Post
                    I would like to add.. theres a few songs done by 'In this moment' that are good for the wod/cofd as a whole. Big bad wolf, blood, and sex metal barbie are very appros.
                    For they're song "Whore" I tend to think of Vampires, Ghouls, and Changelings.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                      Nope. For Beast, you want You Should Know Where I'm Coming From by Banks. Harder to pin one for ChroD, but I quite like Liquid Man by Theatre of Tragedy.
                      I looked up the video, excellent choice for Beast.

Comment

Working...
                      X