Weird Kinships

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Kinships

I just thinking how interesting Kinship with beings outside the the major splats could be.

Some possibles.

Establishing Family Ties with:

a Strix
    A fetch
    A Cambion
    An Changeling Succubus or Incubus
    A Hedge Beast Companion
    A Cruac Void Creature
    A Cruac God
    An Otamata
    Other Supernal Creatures
    A Goetia
    A Pact with the Worthless One Familiar
    An Inferno Demon
    An Purified
    A Hollow One
    A Geist
    One of the Lovecraftian Horrors from secind sight (might be an exception like the Unchained, no connection to the dark mother)
    Cyptids
    Horrors from the CoD
    Gulmoths
    Acamoths
    Beings from the Lower Depths.

Just some suggestions.

I'll start. Cambions, they would likely make its impossible for a Beasts Horror to feed as there are no dreams to enter when a Cambion is around. This can be good or bad depending on circumstances.

Kinship Nightmare Devour Satiety, just as a Cambion can devour the Glamour of other Fae beings, with Devour Satiety a Beast can devour the Satiety of other Beasts.

Kinship with a Succubus, well would likely only occur if a Beasts Horror enter a dream with a Succubus in it, drawing her into the Beasts Lair.

Kinship Nightmare, Feast of Venus. Deal a point of Willpower or Lethal Damage to someone the Beast has seduced.

Cruac Void Creature, you would most likely have to befriend its vampiric master first. Kinship Nightmare, Monster from Beyond, whenever the target uses a Supernatural Power, the illusion of a Cruac Viod Creature is created in the mind of the target. The Illusion, taking the form of darkness we with animal parts attacks the target.

Personally, I think abyssal creatures should not Count as kin: the opposite/perversion of everything that is (like the lie) or should be (the supernal realms), they are not of the dark mother. They are anathema.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormwood View Post
      Personally, I think abyssal creatures should not Count as kin: the opposite/perversion of everything that is (like the lie) or should be (the supernal realms), they are not of the dark mother. They are anathema.
      I think that while a lot of Abyssal creatures wouldn't be considered Family some would.

Comment

Anything "Perverted" by the Void would probably ping as Kin... anything of the Void Wholesale wouldn't be.

Light and Dark are two Sides of a Coin... Humanity is What Happens when it Lands on it's Edge.

Comment

I have this crazy opinion that the Abyss is more reliant on human failings and fears than Mages would like to admit it does. So a lot of it is valid for Kinship.

Revlid wrote:
          Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Comment

Originally posted by Aiden View Post
            I have this crazy opinion that the Abyss is more reliant on human failings and fears than Mages would like to admit it does. So a lot of it is valid for Kinship.
            I guess I have to admit that in my headcanon,i consider the mage World view (supernal truths, The fallen World is a shadow and a lie, And The Abyss Is an unreality Made Through That fall using anything it can to invade and destroy Everything else) to be the "rightest". So I'd agree with RickmanUK. But with your justification, you could make it work easily like that, too.

Comment

Originally posted by RickmanUK View Post
              Anything "Perverted" by the Void would probably ping as Kin... anything of the Void Wholesale wouldn't be.
              Makes sense.

Comment

What about Kinship with Idigam? Each one is unique, but they are all extremely mercurial and adaptable creatures who can twist others into monstrous servants or tools. A Nightmare based on them would probably focus on mimicking their Essence Shaping powers. I'd call this Nightmare "Your Shape Is Not Your Own".

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

OK, here is my attempt at writing the Nightmare mentioned in the previous post. It's quite powerful, but pursuing Kinship with Idigam is no easy task. Also, the entities altered by this Nightmare are under no compulsion to obey the Beast, but he may subtly direct their behavior by choosing the right traits.

Your Shape Is Not Your Own [Idigam Kinship]

Dicepool: Manipulation + Satiety vs Resistance + Rank

Normal Satiety: The Beast gains the ability to perceive and interact with ghosts and spirits in Twilight. If he can already do this through another power, add +1 to his dice pool. When targeting these entities, he may imitate the Ghost Manipulation or Spirit Manipulation powers of the Idigam, replacing Rank with Lair.

High Satiety: The Beast can impose the nature of his Horror on a spirit or ghost, rather than only shifting around their pre-existing traits. The ghost or spirit gains a number of Numina, Influence dots and/or Dread Power dots equal to the Beast’s Lair. These must reflect powers the Beast possesses.

Satiety Expenditure: The Beast can force a ghost or spirit to merge with a living being for a scene. The resulting hybrid is a pseudo-Claimed with the ephemeral’s Essence pool and all of its Influences, Numina and Dread Powers. For its other traits, use the Brief Nightmare rules with the ephemeral’s Rank as a guideline.

Exceptional Success: The changes caused by this Nightmare last for a number of days equal to Lair rather than a scene.

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

Working...
                  X